Dot. is a Canadian children's animated television series that started airing on CBC on September 6, 2016. It is based on a children's book of the same name by Randi Zuckerberg (the former director of market development and spokesperson for Facebook, and a sister of the company's co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg).
The series stars the eponymous Dot Comet (voice of Lily Bartlam), an energetic and tech-savvy eight-year-old girl who loves to explore the world as she solves all sorts of everyday problems with the help of digital technology along with her friends; Hal, Ruby, Nev, and Dev, along with her dog, Scratch.
The show is produced by Industrial Brothers and The Jim Henson Company. It also airs on Universal Kids in the United States, starting October 22, 2016. A second season was announced on January 26, 2018, and made its debut on CBC in Canada on October 6, 2018.
Dot. provides examples of:
- 20 Minutes into the Future: Dot's tablet appears to be more advanced than real-life ones, with holographic games, assistants and other stuff being plot points in the series.
- Author Avatar: "Miss Randi", the music teacher in "A Song For Everyone" is voiced by Zuckerberg.
- Catchphrase: Dot has a few: "helloooo" and "time to unplug"
- Five-Token Band:
- Dot Comet is half Jewish with dark hair
- Ruby Marshall is Dot's best girl friend: a blonde haired Aryan with glasses
- Hal is black.
- Nev and Dev Jumelle are from India
- Jewish Mother: Mrs. Comet
- Real Person Cameo: An astronaut in one episode