Diseasy Does It (Or, Chimp 'n' Pox), was supposed to have been the pilot for another series planned by Mr. Warburton, Kenny and the Chimp.
In this short, a young boy named Kenny and his pet ape Chimpy are asked to organize the lab of one Professor XXXL! Two things; one, the lab is full of dangerous diseases, and two, Professor XXXL thinks Chimpy is Kenny's brother, and thus the most trustworthy to handle the diseases. Naturally, Hilarity Ensues.
While the series was never picked up, Professor XXXL would become a recurring character on Mr. Warburton's other series, Codename: Kids Next Door. The short would later become included on an episode with the pilot No P in the OOL and proper episode "Operation: C.A.K.E.D."
You can watch it here, uploaded to YouTube by Mr. Warburton himself.
- Artistic License Medicine: Swine Flu and Salmonella does not turn someone into a pig or Ella Fitzgerald, nor is it cured by looking at bacon or licking a chimp.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Kenny ends up ordering an ice cream cake after he accidentally dials the shop's number when trying to use the Horrible Disease Hotline.
- Baleful Polymorph: Kenny's head is turned into a pig after getting swine flu. He later turns into Ella Fitzgerald after contacting salmonella, and then a fly.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Naked Kenny has no genitalia.
- Berserk Button: The Professor has a seething hatred for Kenny, period. Even going so far as to say that if he contracts a horrible disease in his lab and uses the hotline for an antidote, "Hopefully... By then it'll be too late."
- Brick Joke: The ice cream cake, which is finally delivered at the end of the short, leaving a rather unfortunate delivery man at the mercy of Professor XXXL and the duo who clamor for a slice.
- Butt-Monkey: Kenny. Ironically, most of his suffering is caused by a chimp.
- Characterization Marches On: In this short, Professor XXXL has a deep animosity for the PTA, which would never show up in Codename: Kids Next Door.
- Collector of the Strange: Even Professor XXXL doesn't quite know why he collected so many dangerous diseases.
- Dem Bones: Kenny gets turned into a skeleton after another jar falls on top of him.
- Either/Or Title: Diseasy Does It or Chimp n' Pox.
- Evil Laugh: Professor XXXL lets one out as he sets out to enslave the PTA.
- Failed a Spot Check: After Kenny is infected with Salmonella, the operator help-line tells him the cure for it is by simply licking a chimp. Kenny ponders where he could find a chimp to lick on a Saturday, and asks Chimpy where he can find one.
- Hollywood Acid: Chimpy breaks a vial of red liquid on a table and it melts straight through, breaking it in half.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Professor XXXL believes Chimpy is the more trustworthy of the two, and that Kenny is his idiot brother. After Chimpy has inadvertently trashed the lab despite Kenny's best efforts, the Professor still blames Kenny for the mess he comes back to.
- Hotline: The Horrible Disease Help-Me Hotline in the office Kenny uses to ask how to cure some of the diseases.
- In Case of X, Break Glass: Professor XXXL's office has a box labelled "In Case of Swine Flu". It contains a chef sizzling bacon which scares away the flu.
- Insane Troll Logic: Professor XXXL believes that Chimpy is Kenny's brother and not his pet chimp.
- Large Ham: Hence why Professor XXXL's name is always written that way.
- Man on Fire: Kenny gets set ablaze when Professor XXXL starts chasing him.
- Meaningful Name: Chimpy is a chimp.
- Motor Mouth: Kenny tends to speak rather fast and excitedly.
- Naked People Are Funny: The last disease bottle that hits Kenny renders him naked except for his shoes (with Barbie Doll Anatomy).
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The Horrible Disease Help-Me Hotline operator is meant to sound like Steven Wright.
- Noodle Incident:
- Apparently, Chimpy ruined one of Professor XXXL's experiments by putting sardines in it. The professor thinks that Kenny did it.
- We don't know what happened with Professor XXXL and the PTA; all that's said is he lost his lobster claw arm, which is served at a luncheon.
- Oh, Crap!: Chimpy's reaction when he realizes Kenny needs to lick him.
- Power Pincers: Professor XXXL utilizes a huge crab claw in his plan to annihilate the PTA. Which gets taken to be used at a cookout after his attack failed.
- Punny Name: "Salmon-Ella Fitzgerald".
- Red Alert: Chimpy sets off a lever that sets off an alert in the lab. Even after Kenny shuts it off, it starts back up when The Professor returns.
- Relative Error: Professor XXXL is convinced that Kenny and Chimpy are brothers.
- Silly Simian: Chimpy. Not for Kenny though, as he demolishes the lab and gets him hit with several containers.
- Surreal Humor: The short is full of it. The cure to Salmonella Fitzgerald being to lick a chimp, for one.
- Tempting Fate: After telling Chimpy that chimps shouldn't be allowed to touch the disease jars as they're not careful, Kenny ends up breaking a jar and exposing himself to Salmonella Fitzgerald.