In the state of Sonora, Mexico; "El Casa Del Gato" (a psychiatric cat hospital) has an alarming number of patients, thanks to Speedy Gonzales (who regularly vacations in Sonora). Head psychiatrist Dr. Ben Crazy urgently calls "Daffy Rents" to exterminate Speedy. Daffy Duck, who is the company's sole employee, comes to the hospital with his robot Herman to take care of the job. Hilarity Ensues.
- Bowdlerization: On CBS, the part where Daffy grabs the electrical wire and gets zapped while he's chasing Speedy on some power lines was cut.
- Bumbling Henchmen Duo: Daffy and Herman, who constantly quarrel with each other.
- Digital Destruction: Most prints of this cartoon currently in circulation are sped-up PAL prints that have the soundtrack pitched way low.
- Dude, Where's My Reward?: At the end of the cartoon, Daffy returns to Dr. Crazy's office after "getting rid of Speedy"note . Instead of getting a monetary reward, he's thrown out by what sounds like an angry woman.Daffy: Hmmph! It's a sad state of affairs, when a mouse can make a machine turn a duck into a chicken on account of a rat. Ooh, what a revolting development!
- Limited Animation: This was, after all, made in the mid-60s. In fact, the voice and model of Dr. Ben Crazy would later be reused for Dr. Manuel Jose Olvera Sebastian Rudolfo Ortiz Pancho Jimenez Perez III in "A Taste Of Catnip."
- One-Man Army: The only employee at "Daffy Rents" is Daffy himself. When talking with Dr. Crazy over the phone, he even pretends to have a full staff of people to make his company sound more legit than it actually is.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Daffy's female mouse disguise. He simply wears a dress and Mickey Mouse ears. Naturally, Speedy isn't fooled, but Herman is.
- Punny Name: "Ben Crazy" is a pun on "Ben Casey", a popular medical drama in the 1960's.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Herman. Right down to demanding equal pay from Daffy for his work on catching Speedy! Daffy, under his breath, calls Herman a "selfish machine" for this.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: After Speedy grows bored with constantly upstaging Daffy and Herman, he brings his Cousin Ramone (The Biggest Rat In Tijuana) to the hospital as a stand in. Unfortunately, Daffy and Herman turn out to be no match for the big rat, leading Herman to finally give up and Daffy to try to claim that he got rid of Speedy.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: After getting frustrated with Herman's apparent incompetence, Daffy tries to lure Speedy by dressing like a sexy female mouse. Speedy isn't fooled, and he turns the tables by pointing Herman directly at Daffy. Herman, thinking Daffy is a real mouse, repeatedly runs him over.