Care Bears: Big Wish Movie is a 3D animated Care Bears film, the sequel to Care Bears Journey To Joke A Lot, and the sixth and last one to be produced by Nelvana. It was released Direct-to-Video on October 18, 2005.
This film follows Wish Bear (Stephanie Beard) and her pet star, Twinkers, who have noticed that recently their friends haven't liked their wishes. Wish Bear wishes that there were some bears around who really, really, really like wishing.
She gets her wish in the form of three Canon Foreigners, Too-Loud Bear, Me Bear, and Messy Bear. Upon their arrival, Wish Bear will quickly learn why wishes aren't always the best solution...
"What's wrong with a trope, something nice for a page?"
- Accidental Misnaming: Too-Loud Bear has a tendency to get other people's names wrong, prominent examples being calling Champ Bear "Chimp Bear", calling Wish Bear "Wish-a-Lot Bear", and referring to Twinkers as a multitude of different names, including "Twiddles" and "Sparkles".
- All-CGI Cartoon: Naturally.
- An Aesop: Wishes may be fun, but it's better to work for something you want.
- Big Good: Big Wish, the biggest (and presumably oldest) wishing star of them all.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Wish Bear off handedly says that she wishes Too-Loud Bear, Me Bear, and Messy Bear could have Twinkers, a wish that Twinkers ends up granting.
- Call-Back: During one of the Care Bear meetings, Love-A-Lot Bear relays a message sent to the bears from Joke-A-Lot.
- Canon Foreigner: Too-Loud Bear, Me Bear, and Messy Bear, who only appear in this film and no other incarnation of Care Bears.
- Demoted to Extra: Funshine Bear, who was the star of the previous movie, only appears in this movie for comic relief.
- The Ghost: Wish Bear offhandedly mentions an uncle named Wish-A-Lot Bear. He is never shown or heard about in any other incarnation.
- It's All About Me: Me Bear, anyone?
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: During a Care Bear meeting, Love-A-Lot Bear spoils Journey To Joke-A-Lot by referring to Gig as the ruler of Joke-A-Lot.
- NO INDOOR VOICE: This is Too-Loud Bear's shtick.
- The Pig-Pen: Messy Bear, of course.
- Who's on First?: This exchange:Wish Bear: Who is it?
Me Bear: It's Me Bear!
Wish Bear: Who Bear?
Me Bear: Me Bear!
Wish Bear: You Bear?
Me Bear: Yes!
Wish Bear: Who?
Me Bear: Me!
Wish Bear: Me?
Me Bear: Yes!!
(Twinkers whispers to Wish; who realizes and giggles.)