All my dreams come true
I wish for blue skies everyday
And I can wish it for you
Why would I wait,
For what a wish can create?
Why should I work so hard?
'Cause wishing is great!
Care Bears: Big Wish Movie is a 3D animated Care Bears film, the sequel to Care Bears: Journey to Joke-A-Lot, and the sixth and last one to be produced by Nelvana. It was released Direct to Video on October 18, 2005. It was also the second and last production in the 2002 incarnation before the Adventures in Care-a-lot redesign.
This film follows Wish Bear (Stephanie Beard) and her pet star, Twinkers, who have noticed that recently their friends haven't liked their wishes. Wish Bear wishes that there were some bears around who really, really, really like wishing.
She gets her wish in the form of three Canon Foreigners, Too-Loud Bear, Me Bear, and Messy Bear. Upon their arrival, Wish Bear will quickly learn why wishes aren't always the best solution...
This movie is available to watch on Tubi.
"What's wrong with a trope, something nice for a page?"
- 360-Degree Swing Set Swing: During Grumpy's ride on the out-of-control rocket, he goes by Good Luck Bear on a swing, and the wind impact swings Good Luck through several 360 loops until he's tangled in the ropes to the top bar.
- Accidental Misnaming: Too-Loud Bear has a tendency to get other people's names wrong, prominent examples being calling Champ Bear "Chimp Bear", calling Wish Bear "Wish-a-Lot Bear", and referring to Twinkers as a multitude of different names, including "Twiddles" and "Sparkles". He finally gets Twinkers' name right at the end of the movie.
- Adaptation Name Change: The Caring Meter, which has been seen in 80s works, has been renamed the Care-o-meter.
- All-CGI Cartoon: Naturally.
- An Aesop: Wishes may be fun, but it's better to work for something you want.
- Big Good: Big Wish, the biggest (and presumably oldest) wishing star of them all.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Wish Bear off handedly says that she wishes Too-Loud Bear, Me Bear, and Messy Bear could have Twinkers, a wish that Twinkers ends up granting.
- Call-Back: During one of the Care Bear meetings, Love-A-Lot Bear relays a message sent to the bears from Joke-A-Lot.
- Canon Foreigner: Too-Loud Bear, Me Bear, and Messy Bear, who only appear in this film and no other incarnation of Care Bears.
- Demoted to Extra: Funshine Bear, who was the star of the previous movie, only appears in this movie for comic relief.
- Ending by Ascending: The episode ends with the bears taking off in their cloudmobiles to the sky for a road trip.
- Exact Words: When trying to fix everything in the end, Messy makes everything worse. First he wishes everything was gone; this turns Care-A-Lot into a White Void Room. Then he wishes everything was back but with more color; this restores Care-A-Lot, but gives the bears enhanced fur colors. He wishes for less color, which turns Grumpy black and white. Finally, he wishes everything was back to the way it used to be, turning him into a cub.
- Expy: Too-Loud, Messy, and Me Bear seem to be inspired by Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. Too-Loud Bear is talkative and loud like Yakko. Messy Bear is gluttonous like Wakko. Me Bear is preoccupied with her appearance like Dot.
- The Ghost: Wish Bear offhandedly mentions an uncle named Wish-A-Lot Bear. He is never shown or heard about in any other incarnation.
- It's All About Me: Me Bear, anyone?
- "I Want" Song: "I Wish", as Wish expresses her desire at wish-making and hopes to do it all the time and share it with everyone.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: During a Care Bear meeting, Love-A-Lot Bear spoils Journey To Joke-A-Lot by referring to Gig as the ruler of Joke-A-Lot.
- A Minor Kidroduction: The movie starts with a flashback that shows how Wish first met Twinkers as a cub.
- NO INDOOR VOICE: This is Too-Loud Bear's shtick.
- The Pig-Pen: Messy Bear, of course.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Wish when she has enough of Messy's meddling.Wish Bear: NO! MORE! WISHING!
- Second Episode Introduction: Harmony Bear, who didn't appear in Journey to Joke-A-Lot for whatever reason, makes her first appearance in this movie.
- Title Theme Tune: "Big Wish Theme", in which the only lyric is "Care Bears in a big wish" sung over and over.
- Toyless Toyline Character: The three canon foreigners never got any toys.
- Vanity Is Feminine: Me Bear is vain and female.
- Who's on First?: This exchange:Wish Bear: Who is it?
Me Bear: It's Me Bear!
Wish Bear: Who Bear?
Me Bear: Me Bear!
Wish Bear: You Bear?
Me Bear: Yes!
Wish Bear: Who?
Me Bear: Me!
Wish Bear: Me?
Me Bear: Yes!!
(Twinkers whispers to Wish)
Wish Bear: (realizing) Oh! (giggles)
- The power of wishing can take you anywhere
But you got to try, it ain't so hard, in no time you'll be there
Won't know what you've been missing if you never stop to dream
I wish you all the power of wishing.