The show is about a young boy named Milo Powell from the fictional Halverston-in-Area district of Toronto, Ontario. Deciding to take a stand for little kids everywhere, Milo decides to becomes a superhero. After staring at a lawn flamingo in his backyard, gives himself the identity of Captain Flamingo, which he transforms into any time a kid yells "Uh-oh! Flamingo!" While he has no actual superpowers, Captain Flamingo uses a whole bunch of novelty joke store items, and has help from his best friend, Lizbeth Amanda Zaragoza, who acts as his sidekick and "Bird Brain". Together, they save kids from unusual situations in completely unusual ways.
This series provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Volunteers for Fears had Milo dreaming he was fighting the Warrior Monkey while he was sleepwalking, and another where he and Lizbeth help his favorite superhero, Quantum Vigilante.
- Beach Episode: Beach Blanket Flamingo.
- Canada, Eh?: Gum Control had a gym hanging the Canadian flag.
- Couch Gag:
- The ending of each episode has the Captain doing something different during the Narrator's So Once Again, the Day Is Saved moment. Sometimes it's posing with or without the logo, or interacting with the other characters in comical ways.
- In Ack! Give My Backpack Back, Jack!, squirrels steal his backpack, and Lizbeth gives him hers until he gets it back. The everyday items (Pen and marker, for instance) turn out to be surprisingly helpful.
- Doomed Autographed Item: The episode "High and Flighty" has Rutger getting a baseball pitcher machine for his birthday, but doesn't have a baseball to put it in. He then decides to use his dad's one of a kind autographed baseball, which he winds up accidentally hitting onto the top of a very tall building. Milo and Lisbeth are then tasked with climbing said building to retrieve the ball before Rutger's dad finds out what happened to it.
- Gross-Out Show: This show has its moments. Examples include Milo's pet cat, Dishrag, suffering from bad gas in Missed Manners and Rutger trying to escape a swimming pool after a kid's Potty Failure in Talking to Ralph on the Big Porcelain Phone.
- Homage: The show pays homage to pop culture such as Superman, Doraemon and Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
- Only One Name: With the exception of Milo Powell, Lizbeth Zaragoza, Owen-Only, Max Roderick, Kirsten McBradden and Ruth-Ann, the kids they have to save are only known by their first names.
- Phrase Catcher: "Uh-oh! Flamingo!"
- Rescue Romance: Accidental, but it's the reason why Lizbeth's in love with Milo. When they were babies, she flew off of a swing and Milo coincidentally broke her fall when he fell in the sand while making a sand castle. This was also the first time they met, and she never forgets it to this day.
- So Once Again, the Day Is Saved: "Captain Flamingo! Looking out for little kids in a BIG way!
- The Me Mobile: His big wheel is bird shaped.
- Under the Mistletoe: At the end of Saint Nick O' Time, Milo and Lizbeth hug, but then he sees the mistletoe and runs away. Lizbeth runs after him giggling.