As expected, the series (had it ever gotten past the pilot stage) would have been managed and created by DiC, well-known for their numerous cartoon adaptations of popular video games in the 80's and 90's.
It mostly uses the same characters as the game, with a few new ones to take the roles of the villains. The pilot revolves around Virgil Reality inventing a virtual reality helmet that allows one to imagine anything into life. The possibilities about this are never explored.
The pilot was never picked up, but it remains an... interesting cartoon nonetheless. It is available on the PC port of Super Bubsy, a deluxe version of the first Bubsy game.
- Accidental Misnaming: Oblivia keeps calling Bubsy other things. When she finally gets it right, he thanks her.
- Art Shift: Three random black-and-white clips of Real Life are included in three scenes. Most of these tie in to scenes where Bubsy is boasting.
- Big Bad: Ally Cassandra, the Fat Bastard cat.
- Big Ball of Violence: While practically everyone attempts to snatch the helmet.
- Captain Obvious: "Yes... things that are boiling are usually hot."
- The Cartoon of the Game
- Catch-Phrase: "What could possibly go wrong?"
- Cats Are Mean: Bubsy is a Jerkass, and Ally Cassandra is a Fat Bastard.
- The Chew Toy: Arnold and Sid.
- Fat Bastard: Ally Cassandra.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: Sid and Buzz.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Bubsy and his nephew Terry wear a shirt and no pants.
- I Am Not Weasel: Buzz really doesn't take to those who call him a turkey.
- Ironic Echo: "If that's a crime, then book me/us!"
- Jerkass: Unsurprisingly, Bubsy.
- MacGuffin: The helmet.
- Nails On A Chalkboard: Ally Cassandra uses this twice for her own ends.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Sid Rotten Shrew, who actually isn't all that dangerous.
- Overly Long Tongue: Sid has one.
- Punny Name: Virgil Reality.
- Running Gag: See Accidental Misnaming, I Am Not Weasel, and Villainous Glutton.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Bubsy is really full of himself.
- Stock Footage: Many instances used for comedy.
- Tempting Fate: Bubsy's Catch-Phrase reeks of this, to the point Arnold calls him out on this.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Bubsy's niece Terri wears eyeshadow and a pink bow and skirt. Bubsy's nephew Terry wears a green and blue shirt and no pants.
- Title Theme Tune
- Totally Radical: As discussed here.
- Villainous Glutton: Sid's Fatal Flaw.
- X-Ray Sparks: Happens twice to Arnold, and Bubsy ends up electrocuted the second time.