Berry Bees is an animated children's television series based on the book series of the same name by Cat Le Blanc. The series is produced by Atlantyca Entertainment, SLR Productions, Telegael, and Cosmos-Maya Production.
The show is about three tween girls who are a junior secret agent team employed by the Bee Intelligence Agency.
Berry Bees provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Absent Parent: No mention is ever made of Juliette or Lola's parents and the fact they're living with Bobby's family indicates wherever their parents may be, they're not nearby.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Juliette, Lola and Bobby.
- Didn't Think This Through: To free farm animals from having to serve people, the Greenthumbs plan to send them to live on Mars away from humanity. Despite the Berry Bees pointing out the planet's biosphere cannot support life of any kind, they ignore this and keep going with their scheme.
- Never Meet Your Heroes: Said word for word by Lola when she gets to meet the actress who plays the role of her favorite superheroine and discovers that years of appearing at fan conventions in that role has turned the actress into a shallow selfish diva. The actress later gets better when the Berry Bees' real life heroics reminds her to be inspiring instead.
- Off the Grid: There are no computerised records of the Berry Bees working for the BIA, since they don't include minors in their employee database. And thus, they are the perfect operative team to deploy when the employee database is compromised or stolen, since they don't officially exist. Because nobody ever sees them coming.
- Once per Episode: The Berry Bees drinking from milkshakes and one of them finding a spy gadget hidden inside their glass. Also a Mission Briefing from Ms Berry prior to getting their gadget of the day. Ms Berry also sends them a covert message at the end of each episode to congratulate them on a job well done.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When the Ninja Teddies activate and enter combat mode, their eyes briefly glow red. In attack mode, the Ralph Cooler and Brittany Pretty androids also have glowing red eyes.
- Shout-Out: Juliette names her rat friend ThunderPumpkinCupcakeBoo.
- Spies in a Van: They have a covert surveillance vehicle disguised as a white van with a dog painted on the side.
- Tempting Fate: The Greenthumbs severely underestimate the Berry Bees because they're children and "not smart enough to trick us". 10 minutes later, they're standing alone in a locked barn wondering how they were defeated so easily.
- Two Shorts
- "Honeycomb what may
We always save the day!
We are the Berry Bees!"