Barbie and her sisters, friends, and their adorable puppies are going through their Grandma's attic when they discover an old map detailing promises of treasure. With carnies looking to stake a claim on the sleepy town of Willows, the girls and puppies go on a Treasure Hunt to find the treasure and save the town.
This movie marks the first appearance of Christie in the Barbie film series, and her first appearance in the franchise overall in many years.
In 2016 it was followed by a sequel, Barbie And Her Sisters In A Puppy Chase.
This movie contains examples of:
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: The Metal Detector and Gas Lantern apps.
- Eyepiece Prank: This happens to Stacie in one of the bloopers.
- Fat and Skinny: Joe and Marty, those two bad guy carnies.
- The Four Chords of Pop: The music score's Leitmotif.
- Linked List Clue Methodology: Every place the girls visit has a clue that leads them to the next area, and, ultimately, the treasure.
- Precious Puppy: The puppies factor into the adventure, with Taffy helping to save the day.
- Shout-Out: The title font and general sense of adventure hearken to Indiana Jones movies.
- DJ may have made one to the commercials for Beggin' Strips with his cry of "Bacon!".
- Treasure Map: Barbie and her sisters finding one is what sparks the plot.