Barbie and her sisters, Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea, and their adorable new puppy friends find unexpected mystery and adventure when they return to their hometown of Willows. While going through mementos in Grandma's attic, the sisters discover an old map, believed to lead to a long-lost treasure buried somewhere in the town. With their puppy pals in tow, the four girls go on an exciting treasure hunt, along the way discovering that the greatest treasure of all is the love and laughter they share as sisters!
This movie marks the first appearance of Christie in the Barbie film series, and her first appeance in the franchise overall in many years.
This movie contains examples of:
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: The Metal Detector and Gas Lantern apps.
- Eyepiece Prank: This happens to Stacie in one of the bloopers.
- Fat and Skinny: Joe and Marty, those two bad guy carnies.
- The Four Chords of Pop: The music score's Leitmotif.
- Linked List Clue Methodology: Every place the girls visit has a clue that leads them to the next area, and, ultimately, the treasure.
- Precious Puppy: The puppies factor into the adventure, with Taffy helping to save the day.
- Shout-Out: The title font and general sense of adventure hearken to Indiana Jones movies.
- DJ may have made one to the commercials for Beggin' Strips with his cry of "Bacon!".
- Treasure Map: Barbie and her sisters finding one is what sparks the plot.