Part of the Barbie series of Direct to Video films, this is the second Barbie Christmas movie, and the first that stars Barbie and all of three her sisters (Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea) together. This movie also follows the same continuity as A Fashion Fairytale and A Fairy Secret, since Aunt Millicent (from A Fashion Fairytale) makes an appearance.
Barbie and her sisters are planning to spend Christmas in New York City, where they'll be meeting up with their Aunt Millicent. However, a big snowstorm cancels their flight and they have to make a stop in Minnesota, where they stay at a hotel called the Tannenbaum Inn. Barbie and her sisters are given special hospitality by the residents and arrange a big concert, all while learning that, even if they don't make it to New York City, being together is more important and spending time with the ones you love is what makes it "a perfect Christmas."
This movie contains examples of:
- Arc Words: "Perfect Christmas".
- Big Sister Bully: Stacie acts as this toward Chelsea.
- Exposed to the Elements: Barbie and her sisters manage to go out into the cold wearing sleeveless dresses with no problem at all.
- Extremely Short Timespan: The movie is set across two whole days.
- "I Want" Song: Two of them.
- "It's Gonna Be Amazing" as the sisters express their desires when they get to New York.
- "The Wish I Wish Tonight" as Barbie vows to do whatever she can to make her family's Christmas perfect.
- Make a Wish: Barbie makes a wish on a star in the sky for her sisters to have a "perfect Christmas".
- No Antagonist: The very first movie with no villain whatsoever.
- Prolonged Prologue: It takes about seven whole minutes before the title appears, with a song included.
- Slice of Life: The movie simply focuses on Barbie and her sisters spending Christmas in a faraway hotel without any major storyline.
- True Meaning of Christmas: The main moral that sets up the film.
- "YEAH!" Shot: Parodied by Skipper during her bridge of "It's Gonna Be Amazing".