In this segment of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour, a Five-Man Band of heroes fights evil in pre-Islamic Persia (Baghdad is frequently referenced), as Prince Turhan seeks to regain his throne from Bakar and Vangore. Aiding the prince are Fariq, a spell caster; Raseem, a man of great strength; Bez, who can transform himself into any animal; Princess Nida, a master of disguise, and Zazoom, a donkey of mass destruction.
- The Chick: Unusually, this role is filled by Prince Turhan, not by his cousin Princess Nida. Prince Turhan is the emotional and spiritual center of the group, the person who gives the others the courage or hope to unlock their true potential — and as The Chick, he's also the person most likely to be captured and in need of rescue by his companions. In general, Princess Nida rescues Prince Turhan rather than the reverse (although they often take turns rescuing each other).
- City of Gold: Baghdad seemed to be overflowing with sapphires and rubies the size of your fist.
- Person of Mass Destruction: When Zazoom's tail is pulled, he goes into a spin. Anything that can withstand Raseem or Bez doesn't stand a chance against Zazoom's tornado spin.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Both Prince Turhan and Princess Nida are trying to take down Bakaar.
- Smelly Skunk: Bez is able to send hardened guards running by transforming into a skunk and simply trotting up to them.
- The Smurfette Principle: Princess Nida is the only female hero.
- There Was a Door: Both Raseem and Bez (in the form of an elephant) will break through the wall rather than try for the guarded door.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Bez has the power to transform into any animal he wants. Preceded by his Mad Libs Catch Phrase, "Size of a <name of animal>!", which changed not only his size but his shape. It's also one of Fariq's powers.