Through sheer bad luck his ship got stuck in the Earth's magnetic hold.
From the middle of space
To the Middle Ages"
A children's cartoon from Britain's Cosgrove Hall, which featured an alien time traveller named Alias, who crashed into Earth in the Middle Ages. There, he adopts the disguise of a Jester, and gains employment in the court of King Arthur (just a King Arthur, not the King Arthur). Hilarity Ensues.
The series lasted from November, 1985 to February, 1986. A total of 13 episodes in a single season.
This series provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew
- Baleful Polymorph: Happens to Merlin and another magician in "The Ring", until Alias reverses the spell, turning the episode villain, the Black Najjir, into the same kind of nondescript slime creature has he had turned the others into. At the end of his second appearance, he's turned into one again, but this one is PINK.
- Clark Kenting: The king and court have no idea that Alias, the weird flying space guy is the same person as the Jester. Because he's wearing a different hat.
- Ear Wings: Boswell has a pair of small but functional wings sprouting from his head. There's reason to believe that Alias (never seen without a hat that covers the sides of his head) does too.
- Expository Theme Tune: The title song concisely explains the premise.
- Film Felons: A band of robbers get into the castle by posing as a film crew on location. Alias spends most of the episode distrusting them without being quite sure why before he finally remembers that film hasn't been invented yet.
- Flight: One of Alias's alien powers.
- George Jetson Job Security: The first episode ends with Alias being hired. Every subsequent episode ends with him getting fired.
- Happy Harlequin Hat: As seen in the image.
- Horny Vikings: Raid the kingdom in one episode.
- Horny Devils: The Black Najjir, though technically he's more a black magician than an actual devil. Physically however, he matches.
- Human Alien: Alias.
- It Will Never Catch On: Several of Meredith the Magician's inventions.
- Lame Pun Reaction: The most common reason for Alias to get fired.
- Limited Wardrobe: Each of the regular characters has only one outfit, except Alias, who alternates between his one jester's outfit and his one set of Space Clothes.
- Namedar: Played for Laughs when Alias encounters a small slimy creature and makes an involuntary noise of disgust — which turns out to be the creature's actual name.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Alias's pet dog(like creature), Boswell.
- Once an Episode: "Jester!" "Yes, your majesty?" "You're fired." "Yes, your majesty."
- Snap Back: But he always has his job again by the beginning of the next episode.
- Time Travel: Only in the Back Story, though.