A Monkey's Tale is an animated movie produced by Steve Walsh Productions. It was awarded the prize for Best Animated Film at the Hollywood Film Festival.
Kom, a rebellious teenage simian, falls from his Tree Top Town, down into the jungle, ignoring the local preacher's warnings that "Everything right is up here, and everything wrong is down there!".
The unconscious Kom is found by the King of the Laanko monkeys, who live in a more modern environment.
All the while the resident Evil Chancellor, is plotting to poison the princess and usurp the thrown.
Tropes used in the movie
- Ax-Crazy: Gerard, voiced by Rik Mayall.
- Big "NO!": More of a Big Monkey Screech, done by Gavin, when Kom falls into the deep dark unknown.
- Big "YES!": Done by Kom, when he finds out that once he's educated he'll get to meet the king, who saved him from the jungle.
- Comically Missing the Point: Kom doesn't get the point of a maze.
- Cool Old Guy: The King, who's hobby is hunting a tiger.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Korkornak's preaching that everything up here is good, and everything down below is bad, sounds a bit like Heaven and Hell.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys
- Evil Chancellor: Lord Sebastian, voiced with appropriate snark by John Hurt.
- Harmless Villain: Gerard the Gormless.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kom
- Large Ham: Gerrard, voiced appropriatly by Rik Mayall.
- Lovable Rogue: Kom.
- Mirroring Factions: The two monkey tribes.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Both the King and the Princess.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The King of Laanko.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Lord Sebastian.
- Tsundere: Gina.
- Villain Song: Lord Sebastian has one of these in which he fantasises about reigning as the greatest tyrant in history.
- Worthy Opponent: The King refers to the tiger he hunts as one of these.