The Outskirts Battle Dome is an online forum group dedicated to discussing and quantifying battles between fictional characters, currently hosted on Narutoforums.com. Another claim to fame is its Wiki. The website features a lot of its own unique brand of internet culture, sometimes taken from already existing Memetic Mutation, sometimes building its own.
Somewhat notable is the amount of tropers that post there.
Its first page here on This Very Wiki was deleted, due to importing some of the volatile drama inherent in the website's community.
- Affectionate Parody: For the most part, it's made clear that the section is just for debating "nerd fights", and most of the humor in the Wiki lampoons the silliness inherent in that hobby. That said, the Wiki authors can be quite venomous when it comes to certain subjects.
- Accentuate the Negative: Sometimes employed to humorous ends.
- A God Am I: Several members claim this of themselves. At times characters that do this (or are actual gods) are used in debates.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Happens when the thread debate is about Kaiju, Mecha, or other things of this size.
- Attention Whore: A good number of them show up on occasion.
- Arch-Enemy: Movie Codec to the OBD. It's quieted down in recent years, but the bad blood is still present.
- As of this point the rivalry is moot now that Movie Codec has been shut down.
- Author Filibuster: Some debaters and thread makers have this problem. There is also the practice of making spite threads.
- Badass Crew: Demon Sky Pirate Vegeta
- Competitive Balance: Verses all have various powers and capabilities, thus their strengths come from how balanced their stats are.
- Composite Character: Some threads make a composite of multiple versions of a single character to get the most powerful form possible. However, most thread makers prefer to use only a particular version of the characters involved in their matches.
- Cool vs. Awesome: The main idea and motivation behind many threads
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Often, usually when someone makes a thread without knowing the full capabilities of one of the characters they are using.
- Depending on the Writer: Some thread battles may be redone but with different spins on it. Take Goku Vs Superman for example.
- Deadpan Snarker: The section's default tone. Extends to the wiki as well.
- Fanon: Their article on canon explains that it's ignored unless otherwise stated by the thread starter.
- The OBD Cosmics on the wiki are essentially fanon characters that show up on occasion in threads.
- Demoted to Extra: Several series that used to get a lot of attention in the OBD have had this happen over the years. One example being Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Forgot About His Powers: Recorded as "Plot Induced Stupidity".
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: If the thread involves two well "well-endowed" female fighters, expect at least one debater to conclude it "ends in sex".
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Usually when a series is shown as not being as strong as initially thought, this can also happen in reverse (though it's usually rarer for the former to happen than the latter). The Get Backers Deception is currently the most infamous example of this.
- Law of Wiki Expansion: The wiki used to primarily be about fictional character battles and stats, but eventually expanded to "anything that happened that was even marginally related to the section", even including other VS communities.
- Religion: Due to a lot of flame wars, threads of this type have been thankfully banned.
- Serious Business: At its worst.
- Take That!: Spite threads try to be this but (usually) ultimately fail.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: its Modus Operandi.