The Comment Section (or TCS for short) is an internet forum that started in 2013. It spawned from the Cracked comment section, created by Tesseracts when members of the community were afraid the comment section was going to be deleted. The forum contains the famous members of the Cracked comment section, such as ButtChocolate, JamesT, typical_michael, Australia, Ericthebearjew, Edgar Cabrera, and others. The forum's roster even contains a few of the contributors from Cracked.com.
Since then, the forum has been growing and slowly separating itself from Cracked and forming its own identity. It's even caught the attention of Majestic-12. The community is laid back and very welcoming to newcomers and it's not hard to become a part of the group. Topics of conversation range from serious debate about political and social issues to puns and general silliness, so the forum appeals to a broad demographic. The Comment Section has games such as differing variations of the Mafia party game and Haunted House, articles and content written by some of the users, a movie night, and several events and contests.
Here's the link to the site.
This website provides examples of the following tropes:
- Be Careful What You Wish For: The point of The Twisted Wish Game.
- B-Movie: Movie Night often involves these
- Forum Pecking Order: Mostly averted, the site is very welcoming to newcomers and it's not hard to become a part of the group.
- Hurricane of Puns: A remnant from their days at Cracked.
- Jackass Genie: The Twisted Wish game encourages users to be one.
- Phrase Catcher: "Goddamnit Rebo"
- Play-by-Post Games: There's at least one going at any given time.
- Shipper on Deck: The way most of the chat gets when one TCS'er admits any sort attraction to another
- Sock Puppet: Allowed (to an extent) but not seen often outside of HarpingCarp and CarpingHarp.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Some users are like this.
- Talking Animal: Many.
- World of Snark