Overheard In New York is a website that is pretty much Exactly What It Says on the Tin: a place for people to share things that they overheard in New York City. All human life really is here, with people of every stripe sharing their stupid, witty or just flat-out bizarre thoughts and stories.
Has four sister sites, Overheard in the Office, Overheard at the Beach, Celebrity Wit, and Overheard Everywhere, all of which are pretty self-explanatory as well. It's also not unheard of for college communities to have their own derivative pages.
This website provides examples of:
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Said almost verbatim here.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: here.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Seems to be the case here, and possibly here.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Here and here.
- Crazy Homeless People: Quite a few, although there are plenty of people with homes who don't really come off as significantly less crazy.
- Dance Battler: The third guy here is not a fan, evidently.
- Deadpan Snarker: Some of the overheard people, and also the tone taken by the titles of each quote.
- Double Entendre: These.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: Possibly the thinking behind this quote, although it may just be Hypocritical Humour.
- Felony Misdemeanor: This guy's Coupling-esque rant.
- Gentle Giant: Apparently, this man.
- Kwyjibo: Subverted here.
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: Here.
- Orphaned Punchline: Lots of them, naturally. The second one here is particularly bizarre, though. What conversation could possibly justify the uttering of that sentence?
- Seinfeldian Conversation: All over the place.
- Slice of Life: In a somewhat peculiar way.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: The attitude of the first guy here towards Spyke (presumably).