Before the advent of YouTube made finding old or obscure stuff a snap, there was I-Mockery.com. A humor-based website founded in 1997 that continues to this day, the site has a heavy focus on nostalgia, So Bad, It's Good movies, video games, and miscellaneous products. I-Mockery also made the game Abobo's Big Adventure.
Features of the site include "mocks," which riff on just about anything, shorts, which are shorter riffs, and comic reviews, zany product demonstrations, and original games and works. Notable contributors include RoG, the site's founder, and Protoclown, who reviews comics.
It can be found here.
This website contains examples of:
- After-Action Report: Dr. Boogie's Kid Chameleon - Helmet Hoopla! is presented as a tournament pitting all the power-ups in Kid Chameleon against each other. After the first tier of the tournament was completed, however, news breaks out that Cyclone, who won the second match, ended up getting eliminated by accidentally provoking Juggernaut in the locker room. Dr. Boogie decides it's for the best.Dr. Boogie: I think that qualifies as a victory, and good thing, too. Lord knows it's hard enough trying to make a tournament bracket with an odd number of participants.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Several books of this type are reviewed, and the site has yearly CYOA "Select Your Destiny" games to play.
- Felony Misdemeanor:
- The review of "Ol' #23" points out how upset the kids are over... bus #48 being in #23's place.
- Played for laughs when RoG is flummoxed at Mrs. Butterworth being turned blue.
- Fridge Logic: Invoked in many reviews, such as wondering why the He-Man Eternia playset has a monorail line to Snake Mountain.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: Highlighted in the Cobra review, with the Night Slasher's knife being described as the coolest weapon ever.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Some of the more out-there subjects reviewed, such as Three Big Men or The Star Wars Holiday Special, have had to spell out that, yes, what's being described actually happened.
- Series Mascot: Pickleman is the website's mascot.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Roger has a one-sided rivalry with the company that makes Goldfish Crackers, viewing them as an antithesis to all things fun.
- Traveling at the Speed of Plot: Noted in Protoclown's review of All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder when commenting on the interminable Batmobile drive.But let's think about three important words here. "Fifteen hours ago". That means one of two things. Clark Kent either drank this carton of milk fifteen hours before Dick Grayson was kidnapped by Batman, and thus it is a magical prescient carton of milk, OR it's actually been a long enough ride in the Batmobile for Dick to have been reported missing, for his name to get to the missing persons groups, for them to submit his information to the milk company, for the milk company to print the cartons, distribute the cartons, and then for Clark Kent to go to the grocery store and buy the carton of milk.