Before the advent of YouTube made finding old or obscure stuff a snap, there was I-Mockery.com. A humor-based website founded in 1997 that continues to this day, the site has a heavy focus on nostalgia, So Bad, It's Good movies, video games, and miscellaneous products. I-Mockery also made the game Abobo's Big Adventure.
Features of the site include "mocks," which riff on just about anything, shorts, which are shorter riffs, and comic reviews, zany product demonstrations, and original games and works. Notable contributors include RoG, the site's founder, and Protoclown, who reviews comics.
It can be found here.
This website contains examples of:
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Several books of this type are reviewed, and the site has yearly CYOA "Select Your Destiny" games to play.
- Cool Sword: Highlighted in the Cobra review, with the Night Slasher's knife being described as the coolest weapon ever.
- Felony Misdemeanor:
- The review of "Ol' #23" points out how upset the kids are over... bus #48 being in #23's place.
- Played for laughs when RoG is flummoxed at Mrs. Butterworth being turned blue.
- Fridge Logic: Invoked in many reviews, such as wondering why the He-Man Eternia playset has a monorail line to Snake Mountain.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Some of the more out-there subjects reviewed, such as Three Dev Adam or The Star Wars Holiday Special, have had to spell out that, yes, what's being described actually happened.
- Series Mascot: Pickleman is the website's mascot.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Roger has a one-sided rivalry with the company that makes Goldfish Crackers, viewing them as an antithesis to all things fun.