Everything is Terrible was created by three people known as Ghoul Skool, Commodore Gilgamesh and Future Shlock as a way of showing the world their VHS tape collection. All of them are so bad they're good. Common topics include outdated instructional videos (especially on using the Internet) and B- and Z-grade movies condensed into three minutes.
EIT not only post their finds on their Web site, but also travel around the United States holding shows that showcase their favorites. They have received media attention from various news blogs and even NPR. They've also released EIT: The Movie and a Christmas Special. There is also a second movie. 2Everything2Terrible2: Tokyo Drift and a collage, DoggieWoggiez! PoochieWoochiez!
Can be found here.
This site contains examples of:
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: 3 Minute Collision Course has Jay Leno and other cops shouting whatever Japanese words they know (mostly foods and brand names) at a Japanese cop.
- Big "NO!": Most Triumphant Example.
- Celebrity Endorsement: Vincent Price attempts to sell you a 3D camera.
- Christmas Special
- Cowboys and Indians: Subconscious Mind of Kathie Lee
- Enfant Terrible: 3 Minute Unborn 2
- Everything's Better with Llamas: Llamas Are Super Exciting, Honest
- The Faceless: The creators wear masks during live shows.
- Human-Interest Story: Finally Tonight, Jesus, which also includes the Incredibly Lame Pun "Cheesus".
- Insistent Terminology: DoggieWoggiez! PoochieWoochiez! is a collage.
- Made-for-TV Movie: Often featured as 3-minute movies.
- Manipulative Editing: Present far and wide, from simple jump cuts, through adding an ominous drone on top of the montage, to outright messing with the footage's colors to make it look devlish.
- The Movie
- Not Available In Stores: "You can't buy Real Guys in stores!"
- Pimped-Out Dress: Anything worn by Uriel in the Unarius videos.
- Robot Buddy: Colby is a Christian version.
- Scary Amoral Religion: According to More New Age Atrocities, Bill Clinton and Al Gore are part of one.
- Serious Business: According to the "Pokemon Power" preacher, demons take Pokémon seriously.
- So Bad, It's Good: Invoked. The entire point of the site is to showcase examples of this.
- Stylistic Suck: Their vanity plate, shown above. Many of their videos also have scanlines or other VHS artifacts, which is justified, since they are digitized VHS tapes, but it really adds to the effect.
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket: Many, many featured infomercials.
- Totally Radical: Many videos targeted toward kids and teens suffer from this, such as BoardBudz.
- Unfortunate Names: Poor Robert Fagot...
- Unintentional Period Piece: A great, great deal of the videos showcased are products of their time.