Shows up in bubble wrap
'Most every day
What I bought on eBay."
eBay has now become a trope in itself, as the place where heroes can find their Plot Coupons.
Tropes on eBay:
- all lowercase letters: Both of the website's logos are almost entirely in lowercase.
- Auction: As mentioned above, much of the site's structure is built around selling to the highest bidder, though it's still possible to Avert this by buying from Buy It Now lists.
- Bazaar of the Bizarre: Excluding the things previously listed as unable to be sold, you can find quite a lot of stuff on eBay, from the mundane to the exceedingly weird.
- No Swastikas: "eBay does not allow listings or items that promote or glorify hatred, violence or racial intolerance, or items that promote organisations with such views." This means you'll have to sell your old World War II memorabilia somewhere else.
- We Sell Everything: While weapons, drugs, and items that are pertinent to hate groups are not allowed on eBay, everything else is fair game; combine that with a large enough userbase and you get some really odd stuff put up to sale, right alongside the normal stuff. In fact, there is now even a browser game made by The Useless Web entirely dedicated to linking to said weird stuff on eBay.