The Club Penguin Fanon Wiki is a wiki for Club Penguin fan fiction. It was started in 2008 by the user MarioTheMovie, who hasn't edited much. It was greately expanded on by the users Explorer 676, Pogopunk32, Dancing Penguin, TurtleShroom, and several others. Unfortunately as time went by many users quit. Few today are active, notable ones are Swiss Ninja, TheBroMaster, Star Kirby12, and Fooly8.
All articles are in continuity with each other. The universe is control by the Universal Bureau of Fictitious Literature, a company that exists outside the fourth wall and literally exists to control the universe.
Can be viewed and edited here
This wiki provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: Club Penguin is a relatively simple game. This wiki uses all of Antarctica instead of just the Club Penguin Island.
- Aerith and Bob: common since people use their Club Penguin/Wiki Username to name characters as well as actual names.
- Big Bad: There are a few depending on the story arc, the two most notable being Darktan and Nightmare.
- Butt-Monkey: Mabel von Injoface
- Darker and Edgier: The wiki as a whole has gone through this, since it was very sanitized at first, but reforms were passed to allow darker stuff. Just compare the Great Darktonian Pie War, which was fought with pies and had the Big Bad reforming, to the Nightmare Epic where a war with hundreds of casualties happen, and major characters are killed off.
- Also counts if you consider the fact that ever since the leave of major users, the wiki has shifted focus from characters and stories to countries, politics and war.
- Expy: The category Parodies shows the characters who are expies of others.
- Geodesic Cast: common since many characters are associated with a single user. You have a character, their friends and family , their X-Antibody, the army they might lead, etc.
- Grandfather Clause: There are some things written that have been retroactively contradicted the continuity of the Club Penguin video game. However, they are still there because changing it would be detrimental to the continuity of the Fanon.
- Great Big Book of Everything: The wiki's code of conduct is an actual book that exists in-universe.
- Humongous Mecha: The Avatar Warmech V2 is a warmech used in wars. On the more lighthearted side, the Hero Mechas are a team of Transforming Mecha and Combining Mecha based on Super Sentai and Tobot.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Averted for the wiki, where the majority of editors are male.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: The Penguin Super Suit and SIA Drones are Game Breakers when it comes to war, although the former was wiped out and the latter was shut down or used for labor. More recently we have this stuff, which includes invincibility-inducing cookies and a shield based on the Nokia 3310!
- No Fourth Wall: Some characters know they're fiction. Most of them are categorized here.
- In more recent years, the entire concept of the fourth wall has been thrown out the window. There is an article for the wiki's narrator, You the reader, We the writers, and an entire multiverse linking the fanon to various other universes and franchises.
- Our Demons Are Different: Demon Penguins, who have a weakness to silver, are created through a cloning machine, and have their heads explode when they die. They can also be resurrected through cheese and have retractable horns.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Vampenguins, which are created through a virus, such blood through their flippers (the fange are for show), and have a fear of tomatoes.
- Screw Destiny: The authors of the Multiverse decide that it's run its course and decide to literally erase it from existence, so the in-multiverse characters escape into another dimension.
- Super Mode:
- The Destruction Gems are a parody of the Chaos Emeralds, giving those who can handle the excess energy extreme power.
- The aforementioned Humongous Mecha possess their own Super Modes, based on Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, Ressha Sentai ToQger and Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
- And then we have this guy, who has a ton of them: Blackout Mode, Ultimate Form, EX Form, EXX Mode, and EXXX Mode.
- The Smurfette Principle: Look at this category and then look at this one. There are a lot more male characters
- Those Wacky Nazis: The Khanzem penguins which are an amalgam of the Mongols and the Nazis.
- "X" Makes Anything Cool: The X-Virus, which creates X-Creatures. Nearly all of them have an X in their name.