"Exploiting werewolf law in a life or death situation against opponents with everything to gain." He chuckled and offered his hand, "I'm in."
A website showcasing the work of an amateur New Zealand writer, attempting to learn by doing.
There are two Novels on the website at the moment; serializing daily, plus a Twitterbook also serializing daily.
- The Wolf's Will: A newspaper editor attempts to exploit werewolf law for profit; he knows what he's letting himself in for, his traveling companions really don't.
- Demonic Symphony: Two under-prepared Demon Hunters find themselves way in over their heads; many ugly cars are wrecked.
- The ongoing adventures of Ulysses Perhero: A casual Twitterbook about a Heroic Comedic Sociopath
It's possible to see the quality of the writing improve not only between books but actually within the books themselves.
Here is the link http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/
This show provides examples of:
- Against My Religion - A man tries to avoid giving Ulysses information this way; it doesn't go well
- Bystander Syndrome - The attitude of the general population towards demons in Demonic Symphony, and oh boy does it backfire.
- Demon Slaying, Must be the entire point of Demonic Symphony
- Enthusiasm vs. Stoicism - It definitely wouldn't stretch credibility to see this as the relationship between Greg and Tony Tony. Look at the start of this scene to see what I mean.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism - Word of God has it that this was originally meant to be the point of The Wolf's Will; unfortunately they lose their stoic after the first chapter
- And find a better stoic
- Granola Girl - Christine has touches of this.
- Our Demons Are Different - In Demonic Symphony, the demons are the embodiments of emotional energy projected on the world.
- In theory, this means that there should be demons for other strong emotions such as love, but this isn't really touched on during the book.
- NaNoWriMo - The Wolf's Will was written as part of this
- Significant Anagram - Mr. Ian Woon is an anagram of NaNoWriMo, this also counts as a Shout-Out
- Sky Surfing - Used in The Wolf's Will for the Wind Surfers
- Steven Ulysses Perhero - Naturally, Ulysses Perhero.
- The Stoic - Greg has his moments of stoicism, but he has absolutely nothing on Free Flower, or on Beatrice from Demonic Symphony.
- Word of God has it that the last two are actually incapable of feeling emotion
- The Stoner - Mr. Ian Woon again; a flying surfboard riding hippy.
- Taught by Experience - Given as a reason for Derek's continued survival