AutoGuide was a website founded in mid-2012 by a group of automobile enthusiasts.
Its aim was to be sort of like a British version of Curbside Classics, and an opinion site.
The "XY" of "AutoguideXY" is used here due to using different numbers with the domain to distinguish it from other auto-guides.
It runs across several webhosts, making it a website mirror.
This website provides examples of:
- Blog: A customised Wordpress theme is used.
- Fan Fiction: If you consider Photoshops of automobiles to be fanfiction, well, this is it.
- House Pseudonym: The website's authors write under the website's name for all blog articles.
- Legacy Character: One of the names is passed down from the original site owner to its new owner, according to Word of God.
- Ms. Fanservice: Averted. They keep it family-friendly, and this is even a Discussed Trope on the site.
- Nostalgia Filter: Deconstructed on the site. They attempt to point out a car's faults as well as its good points, but realize that everything has some degree of bias, with them asking readers to look at the articles critically.note