Zombie & Mummy is a humorous webcomic about the exploits of, well, a zombie and a mummy as roommates living in the modern world. Most episodes involve Zombie and Mummy trying an activity, having problems due to their monstrous nature, then settling on a different plan.
Drawn by hand on a PDA in black-and-white pixelated scribbles, these short episodes are embellished by placing them in HTML backgrounds, whether made by hand (and often mimicking the nineties' Geocities style) or grabbed from other websites.
The webcomic exhibits the following tropes:
- Christmas Episode: "...Celebrate Christmas"
- Dark Is Not Evil: Zombie and Mummy are both really nice guys.
- Dream-Crushing Handicap: When you're undead and decomposing, some things you just plain can't do.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Zombie and Mummy are known only as Zombie and Mummy.
- Instrumental Theme Tune: A cute MIDI piece.
- Name and Name
- Nightmare Dreams: "...Have a Nightmare"
- Retraux: "...Make a Homepage" is in the style of a nineties Geocities site. The backgrounds to the comics in general feature a lot of clipart and animated GIFs.
- Series Hiatus: Not updated since 2003.
- Slice Of Unlife
- The End: At the end of every strip.
- True Beauty Is on the Inside: "...Go to Beauty Salon"