Zaran il Legio is about romankhis'asa Zarangora il Legio Ered'nash (Zaran for short), the daughter of one of the demon overlords that rule the Netherword. Zaran is supposed to inherit her father's throne someday, but much to his frustration, she isn't very interested in learning the skills needed to become a proper overlord. The comic consists of short episodes where Zaran does something. Eventually there may also be longer storylines where the plot is a bit more complex but still consist mostly of Zarn doing stuff.
Tropes found in Zaran il Legio:
- Missing Episode: The comic is based on a setting that Nomic created for another unfinished project, so there is a lot of background information that is never really brought up (for example, there are six other Overlords).
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Demons come in many colours.
- Evil Chancellor: The Chancellor. Although he hasn't really done anything evil in the comics, Word of God says he is indeed evil, since chancellors are supposed to be evil.
- Evil Overlord: Zaran's father.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: All demons have glowy pupil-less eyes.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Most episodes are called "In which Zaran il Legio [[does something]].
- In Which a Trope Is Described: See above.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: More like Evil Overlord's Sort-Of Cute Daughter, but close enough.
- Faceless Mooks: The legionnaires. The only one shown without a helmet is a supporting character.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: All demons have lots of pointy teeth, although it's very prominent with Zaran.
- Our Demons Are Different: Unlike most, they aren't Always Chaotic Evil, though (most of them are actually Chaotic Neutral).