Xenospora is an adult Science Fiction Web Comic created by Alison Tieman about the political strife between humans and an alien race known as the Prac. According to the author the story is meant to explore gender issues in a dramatic fashion.
The story begins with Dr. Anne Koa and her colleague Richard Dark onboard a ship in deep space. When the engines are blown and the ship is attacked, Anne suffers memory loss. From then on the story branches out between multiple, congruent plotlines and jumps between four primary settings; Radial N and Radial Z which are two human colonies; Nova Paris which is an Earth Commonwealth and Praxis Prime, the alien homeworld.
It can be found here.
Xenospora contains examples of:
- Action Girl: We are introduced to an alien woman named Strike while she's in the middle of a sword fight. There's another Prac named Silver who is seen bungee jumping off the side of a cliff onto a building.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Praxis Prime anyone?
- Amazon Brigade: Women make up the majority of the military force on Praxis Prime.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Subverted by Slice: "You are late. Parked illegally. Drunk. And you nearly killed me!"
- Asexual: Richard Dark.
- A Taste of the Lash: Strike is subjected to this.
- Black Sheep: Strike is this in the eyes of her mother.
- Cel Shaded: The colored artwork on the site.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Demetria claims her friend Kell is one.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Blunt Trauma, an exiled Prac, is one of these in colored artwork.
- Drives Like Crazy: Anne in an early chapter. It's unclear whether that's normal for her or if alcohol was the cause.
- The Empath: A Rare Male Example in Richard Dark. He can sense intentions of his foes.
- Evil Matriarch: Strike's mother, Light-in-the-Eyes, is a shogun and is perfectly willing to abuse her daughter.
- Fanservice: Happens in Chapter 01. A main character named Demetria Renault is seen wearing nothing but a purple bra and matching underwear. We also see her boyfriend, Jacob Moto, fully nude.
- Fiery Redhead: Richard Dark is an obstinate man who is depicted as a redhead in colored artwork.
- Humanoid Alien: The Pracs are this. Everything about them is human apart from their large ears.
- Infant Immortality: Averted.
- Interspecies Romance: Implied between the human Anne and the Prac Blunt Trauma.
- Male Frontal Nudity: A fairly subtle example in Chapter 01. Jacob and Demetria are standing in front of a mirror in the bathroom with Demetria's hips blocking all but a sliver of Jacob's penis.
- Matriarchy: The planet of Praxis Prime is one of these.
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: Inverted on the matriarchal planet of Praxis Prime. Despite women having higher mortality rates, it's only the deaths of men that matter.
- Plucky Girl: Strike proves to be one by accepting an impossible challenge for the sake of her beliefs.
- Super Soldier: Richard Dark is one. A government official refers to him by his codename, much to Anne's annoyance.
- Techno Babble: Anne has a moment of this during the prologue.
- Transgender: Strike is one of these by human standards.
- World of Action Girls: The majority of female Pracs that we see engage in some kind of combat.
- Wrench Wench: We meet Anne in the prologue as she repairs the engines on her ship.