The sequel to Black Adventures. This webcomic is based on Pokémon X and Y and centered on a boy named Xavier and a girl named Yvonne, two fashion-obsessed teenagers who happened to be wearing identical outfits when they met. It does not end peacefully. After suffering heartbreak, Xavier decides to turn a new leaf by leaving on a Pokémon journey. As usual, things don't go as you'd expect.
The comic can be read here.
XY Adventures has examples of:
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Xavier and Yvonne.
- Black Bead Eyes: Jiraiya has this, along with big eyelashes.
- Blatant Lies: After Shauna confesses to Xavier and he tells her he's gay, she pretends that she was speaking in a platonic, love-you-as-a-friend way.
- Blinding Bangs: Trevor's bangs tend to cover his eyes. Often coupled with a Luminescent Blush.
- Camp Gay: Xavier. It's established from the get-go.
- Camp Straight: Ruby.
- Closet Key: Ruby to Xavier, when the latter was 10. We find out why it will never work out before the end of the first episode.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: Black was a straight(ish) teen who had a crush on his female next door neighbor (that he could never be with) and traveled around with an older guy. Xavier is a gay teen who travels around with his female next door neighbor and has a crush on an older guy (that he can never be with). Likewise, while Black was shown to be a capable fighter in several fights, Xavier is shown to be out of his element in all his battles so far.
- Cool Sword: Both Xavier and Yvonne are each given a Honedge to wield by Sina and Dexio.note
- Declaration of Protection: AZ gives one to Xavier when they make a deal that AZ will atone for his past sins by protecting Xavier when his job gets dangerous.
- Dresses the Same: How Xavier and Yvonne meet. Making this especially unfortunate is that they both designed their own outfits, leaving Yvonne convinced that he somehow stole her design.
- Hypocritical Humor: This exchange about names:Yvonne: "Pfft... You named your Froakie 'Jiraiya'? The poor thing is going to die from unoriginality."
Xavier: "Whatever! What great, original name did you give your fox thing?"
Xavier: "Hahaha, really! That's literally 'fox'!"
Yvonne: *thinking to self* 'DAMNIT, HE KNEW.'
- Imagine Spot: Yvonne has one about how she expected her meeting with Diantha to go, where Diantha gives her 'a billion monies' to start her own clothing line.
- Incompatible Orientation: Xavier and Ruby. Shauna and Xavier. One pair has figured out that their crush isn't swinging their way, the other had to be told so directly after a botched love confession.
- Innocent Innuendo: Much to Alexas dismay, both Xavier and AZ have a lot of these during their interview.
- Likes Older Men: A running gag throughout the comic is Xavier crushing on older guys.Yvonne: "What's your type?"
- Limited Wardrobe: When Shauna tries challenging Xavier to their first battle, he notices that she's wearing the same outfit she had the day before, and invites her over to give her some of his old clothes.
- Living Weapon: Probably...Xavier: "Are these Pokémon?"
Sina: "Well... Yeah, sure!"
- MayflyDecember Romance: Not quite, but Xavier and AZ have a bit of Ho Yay going on.
- After less than a week of the two living together, it seems that almost everyone in Kalos region ships them (if the questions submitted to Alexa for her interview are anything to go by).
- Meaningful Name: Yvonne's last name is Lenoir, which is why she wrote 'Le Nouveau Noir'/'The new black' on her shirt design.
- Mirror Character: Yvonne and Xavier, definitely. Both are very into fashion, both are uninterested in Pokémon battles, both are given mysterious swords that cling to their arms, and both named their starter Pokémon something Japanese. They also have very similar fashion sensibilities, to the point that each time they have designed an outfit to impress one particular person, both came with incredibly similar outfits that only vary on color palette.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Xavier and Yvonne got letters from Professor Sycamore inviting them to get a starter from him. Shauna got one as well... which was crumpled, hastily written and flat-out admitted that he'd forgotten he had three starters to hand out instead of two.
- Older Than They Think: In-Universe, Yvonne accuses Xavier of being unoriginal for naming his Froakie after a Naruto character. Xavier calls her out on this, pointing out that it's from the Japanese Folk Tale "Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari". Yvonne actually did know this, but assumed he didn't.
- Open-Minded Parent: Xavier's mom is very accepting of her son's interests, both sexual and not, and his lack of interest in Pokémon. She even tries to cheer him up when he learns that Ruby has a girlfriend.
- Plagiarism in Fiction: The outfits that Xavier and Yvonne wear when trying to meet Diantha look like Palette Swaps of each other. Yvonne's convinced that Xavier stole her design.
- When Xavier and Yvonne design an outfit for Viola, they pull a Palette Swapped design again. They immediately acuse each other of plagiarism.
- The Rival: Yvonne becomes Xavier's out of a desire for revenge.
- Shipper on Deck: Most of Kalos ships AZ and Xavier, simply because the latter forgave the former for his past crimes and gave him a place to live (so he wouldn't have to be homeless anymore).
- Technicolor Blade: Xavier has a shiny Honedge.
- Title Drop: The first chapter is titled 'The New Black', the second 'Le Nouveau Noir'. This is what is written on the shirts both of our protags wear when they first meet.
- True Blue Femininity: All of Yvonnes outfits have a blue color palette to them (in contrast with her game counterpart). This is partially used to visually differentiate with her rival Xavier (who is associated with red), but also helps to emphasize her femininity.
- Unrequited Love: Two examples within the first two chapters (crusher/object of affection): Xavier/Ruby (sunk quickly) and Shauna/Xavier.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: The cute little pink-and-white number that Xavier gives Shauna is something he designed four years earlier, and he comments on how he's grown since then.