World of Fizz is a webcomic created by Robin M. Blake, which focuses on the Fizuths, a family of anthropomorphic foxes.
The comic began on GeoCities, now appearing on Comic Genesis. The CG site was originally created for Blake's other comic, Fergo and Enrique, which briefly ran as a webcomic and in selected newspapers; World of Fizz is actually a Spin-Off from Fergo and Enrique, with both strips sharing the characters Carlos Enrique and Alex Fizuth.
Author Blake has a number of associations with other comics creators, and has drawn fan art and guest strips for these creators, and vice versa.
After a few months of hiatus and spotty updates in 2013, the comic has been placed on indefinite hiatus. On December 2, 2013, author Blake brought the comic out of hiatus. The comic went back on hiatus in April 2014. The comic returned in September 2014 and adopted a reduced Monday/Wednesday/Friday update schedule.
In March 2015, the comic was put back on hiatus. In June 2015, Blake announced that the comic would soon be returning.
On October 31, 2015, after 18 years of producing "World of Fizz", Blake announced that the comic has ended.
World of Fizz includes examples of these tropes:
- April Fools' Day: In 2011, World of Fizz swapped artists with Femmegasm.
- Brain Bleach: Kelli asks for it practically by name here
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: An example is in this strip.Alex: How about something interesting? Like nudes. Or Dawn. Or nude Dawn.
- Closet Key: Dawn reveals early on that she had a crush on Kelli since the first grade, and the two later enter into a relationship.
- Erotic Dream: Kelli dreams about having sex with Tim.
- Exiled to the Couch: Aimee does this to Dave for buying a $100 Optimus Prime, but afterwards feels guilty about it.
- Furry Confusion:
- Dawn, an anthropomorphic cat, adopts a non-anthropomorphic cat, Riki-Tiki.
- Jason trick-or-treating. The FoxTrot cameo is apparently the only visible human in this universe."Yes, costume."
- Happily Adopted: Enrique, mouse adopted by reptile Fergo.
- Hot for Teacher: Looks like it with Alex for Ms. O'Hare Even the story title is called this.
- Interspecies Romance:
- Kelli (fox) and Dawn (cat).
- Fergo (dragon) and Cynthia (bear).
- Kid-anova: Alex is definitely a prepubescent pervert, though none of his crushes (a classmate, his sister's best friend, the school nurse...) has shown much interest in him.
- Panty Shot: Young Ms. O'Hare in Alex's daydream, Clarice in two different strips, Dawn, and Aimee.
- Potty Emergency: While on a date with Tim, Kelli has to pee after drinking a whole pot of coffee. Kelli relieves herself in the bushes after asking Tim to pull over. Seen here.
- Right Through the Wall: Kelli can't sleep because her parents are too noisy in bed. She tries to turn the tables by inviting Dawn over, which doesn't work as her parents are able to sleep though it, and Dawn is annoyed that they're just making loud noise instead of having sex.
- Shout-Out: Various.
- Shower of Awkward: Carlos accidentally walks in on Kelli as she is stepping out of the shower. Things get more awkward.
- Something Completely Different: An entire storyline was built around Fergo and his adopted son, Enrique, without any appearances from the Fitzuth family. It was originally written for the former Fergo and Enrique strip.
- Spin-Off: As revealed by the above storyline, World of Fizz is actually a Spin-Off from Fergo and Enrique, and it's not just a coincidence that both strips feature a mouse named Enrique.
- Toilet Humour: This series has featured quite a few burp and fart jokes since its introduction.
- Token Lesbian: Kelli and Dawn are in a relationship, but are the only non-straight characters in the strip, and Kelli is actually bisexual, thus making Dawn this character.