Urban Jungle is a Webcomic by cartoonist David Wilborn. It ran for 8 years from 2008 to 2016, following the life of Zack, the only human being in an office full of animals; his pet pug Gus; his adopted brother Chuck, who is a sheep; his best friend and coworker Phil, who is a duck; as well as a cast of animal coworkers. It featured mostly office and geek humor.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Compare Zack and Les in the first comic with one from very late in the comic's run.
- Carnivore Confusion: Les has eaten a couple of his employees, and there was that Thanksgiving turkey Zack's mom made that was still wearing a necktie.
- Complaining About Things You Haven't Paid For: Zack chastises Gus for complaining about changes in Facebook.
- Con Man: The neighborhood raccoons are always trying to trick Zack out of money (though never effectively).
- Dress Code: Parodied in this comic.
- Furry Reminder: Zack's coworkers occasionally show their animal sides, for example when Les "fires" Joe Hamster by eating him.
- Four-Fingered Hands: lampshaded here
- Hipsters: Featured in several comics, where it is debated if they are cooler than Nerds.
- Local Hangout: Zack and Phil are often seen hanging out at the local coffee shop, "The Buzzed Bean."
- Noodle Incident: 'Kibble-n-Bits'
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Les, Zack's snake boss, can exhibit this, though he is often more of a Mean Boss.
- Raised by Wolves: Zack's adopted parents are wolves; this is really a parody of this trope.
- Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism: Most of the characters are Funny Animals, although a few like Zack's dog Gus and the neighborhood raccoons are Talking Animals.
- Take That!: There are several strips making fun of CSI and CSI: Miami.
- Tastes Like Purple: Two much MSG can having you smelling blue apparently
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics/ Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal/ Leaning on the Fourth Wall: All in one strip here
- Token Human: Zack is the only human featured in the comic.