A new Korean webcomic that's written and drawn by Lina Kim and Keonghyeon Kim. Official English translations were recently made available on the Webtoons app.
It's South Korea in the near future, and violent crimes committed by vampires are at an all-time high. Hayan would rather live a peaceful life and continue going to college, but if a vampire attacks someone in her community, she can't help but intervene. She's one of the few people who can fight toe to toe with a vampire, as she is a Pure Blood.
After tragedy strikes, she joins forces with a rising star on the police's anti-vampire task force in order to rein in the vampire threat and bring peace back to her home town.
This work contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Hayan is a badass vampiress who can mow down dozens of vampires at a time.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The generals of the powerful Vampire creator "God" are called the "Angels of death" and gain their position by defeating all competing vampires in their region. There are seven "Angels of death" in total, with each controlling a portion of South Korea and fending off any challengers to their spot.
- Badass Normal:
- Detective Hwang, a star member of the police's anti vampire taskforce may not have any powers but can still kick vampire ass. This is subverted later with a reveal. He's actually a vampire and has been taking drugs to help him digest human food.
- Father Michael is a Badass Preacher who despite being human is able to fend off multiple vampires on his own.
- Badass Preacher: Father Michael is revealed to be an ex-militant who served in a war, and he's a preacher now in order to find redemption. That doesn't mean he's out of shape as he single-handedly fends off the vampires that are searching for Hayan by tricking them into his traps and using weapons he hid in his closet for who knows how long.
- Big Brother Instinct: Hwang has a little sister he'd put his life on the line to protect. He even became a vampire to protect her.
- Dirty Cop: Large portions of the Korean police are secretly minions of the Big Bad God and are helping him with his illegal activities.
- Fantastic Racism: Thinly veiled versions of far-right groups go out looking for vampires on campus at the university. Interestingly, the police treat people who were turned into vampires against their will and don't commit crimes differently than those who do.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: The Starter Villain Byeongsu starts of as a lazy and dickish bully but nothing worse then that, but upon becoming a vampire he's become one of their most psychotic, with even his sires finding him extreme.
- Kill It with Fire: One of the only effective ways of killing a vampire is burning it, but vampires who've had enough blood can resist fire unless you literally throw them into a blast furnace. This is how the police execute vampire criminals.
- Made from Real Girl Scouts: The nightclub that the vampire Lucien runs stocks blood for its customers rather than alcohol. Each bottle is given a quick description of the victim whose blood was used to fill it (for example a 21 year old female) and is treated as if it were vintage wine.
- Mind Rape: The ability to violate the mind is the special ability of the vampire Sahan. Sahan torments his victims using visions of figures personal to them to mess with them psychologically.
- Mr. Fanservice: Detective Hwang, a Walking Shirtless Scene.
- Monster Progenitor: The scourage of vampires that has infested Korea is shown to have been caused by a vampire called "God" who spread his vampiric infection throughout the population.
- One-Man Army:
- Hayan is a pure blood vampire and hence one of the strongest of her kind. It allows her to effortlessly take down hundreds of mixed blood vampires in her fights.
- The generals of the Big Bad, the "Angels of Death", are each able to take down hundred of other vampires themselves. In fact, to become an "Angel of Death" requires a vampire to be the strongest of his region.
- Our Vampires Are Different: They grow stronger by drinking blood, and don't burn up in sunlight. They have massive strength and a tremendous Healing Factor, but if they don't drink the blood of a Pure Blood vampire they die after five years.
- Psychic-Assisted Suicide: When cornered, the vampire Sahan threatens to force a crowd of hundreds of people to rip their own hearts out if the heroine Hayan does not surrender to him.
- Psycho Psychologist: Sahan works as a school therapist. He uses this position to take in abused and neglected teenagers and then warp them into bloodthirsty vampires by preying on their insecurities.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Hayan's adoptive father, Father Michael, is a war veteran who became a priest in the hopes of atoning for the lives he took. He's still completely shredded and keeps a stockpile of weapons in case of a vampire attack.
- Vampires Own Night Clubs: The Vampire Lucien owns a night club whose inhabitants consist of vampires under his control. They party and drink blood which is inside alcohol bottles rather than real alcohol.