Tragic Deaths is a comic about a war between the author of the strip, Petalklunk, and the trigger-happy fellow with a large nose, appropriately named Mr. Bignose. Theres also the poorly drawn Mr. Birdbeak, and Ranch Obama, who can kill you in three ways just by looking at you.
This Comic Provides Examples of:
- Author Avatar: Played straight to the point where the Author is the main character.
- Art Evolution: If you compare the old style of the the comic to the reboot, you'll notice that Petalklunk's hair is longer, the lines are a bit smoother, and the necks aren't as wide. Although in this case it's not so much art evoloution, just that the artist improved in the months that the comic was cancelled.
- Ascended Extra: Mr. Bignose went from a nameless guy who just thought Petalklunk's comic was so bad he needed to be killed for it, to the strip's main villain.
- Badass Normal: Everyone has some sort of weapon or ability to murder people except the mailman, he'll just break your neck if you try messing with him.
- Catchphrase: "Mr. Bignose, I'm going to kill you!"
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: DEATH BY CHOCOLATE!
- Demoted to Extra: Mr. Birdbeak was originally the main character. Now he is rarely seen.
- Identical Stranger: Pealskunk looks just like Petalklunk, except the former has a mustache.
- Kick the Dog: Mr. Bignose actually does kick a dog in one comic.
- Large Ham: Petalklunk
- No Fourth Wall
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Averted; Petalklunk can instantly tell that it isn't "Not Pealskunk" and "Not Pealskunk's Lovely Wife" he's looking at, but it's Pealskunk without glasses, and Mr. Bignose in a dress.
- Self-Deprecation: The author is the main character. He dies. A lot.
- Stating the Simple Solution: Mr. Bignose realizes that this plan isn't going to work. So he just shoots Petalklunk.