Totally Flaked is a sprite comic created by Sarumarine of Advance Wars Network. The comic started out as a crossover between Advance Wars and Super Mario Bros.. Soon after, there came a crossover between Advance Wars and Fire Emblem, a crossover between Advance Wars and its predecessors and, finally, an awesome parody of Advance Wars. The comic ceased when the author mysteriously vanished. Turns out the author has been having computer problems and life to deal with. Fortunately, MasterKnight got a hold of him and found out that the material is safe. Maybe it will be revived. Only time will tell.
Episode guide located here. The site is now dead though, so tough luck.
Totally Flaked contains examples of:
- Butt-Monkey: ADDER. Anything that could go wrong will almost certainly happen to him.
- Continuity Reboot: Parodied in Days of Unemployment, to commemorate the release of Days of Ruin.
- Deadly Doctor: Dr. Steyr. You are better off dead than seeing him.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Parodied endlessly when the COs all get blasted back to the days of Super Famicom Wars. Poor Eagle suffers the most through it.
- No Fourth Wall: The aborted Situation Room arc involves Black Hole taking over the War Room. Which is a game mode. In a menu screen.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Sonja is not fooled by No.2's pizzaman disguise, which consists of just a hat. She is, however, tricked by Lash's pathetic disguise as a mad scientist. Her fake mustache even falls off.
- Running Gag: Adder getting shot in the foot by Grit, huge-ass Battleships in tiny lakes, the list goes on.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Lash, Jugger and Sonja all lose due to spending too much time talking.
- Unexplained Recovery: Sturm's explanation for his return after the plot of Dual Strike.
- You Are Number 6: No.1, No.2, No.3.