YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME
OR ELSE YOU COULD DIE!!
This Croc Will Die in 100 Days is a Slice of Life webcomic created by Yuuki Kikuchi about a crocodile that will die in 100 days.The comic's format follows a 4koma format with the day number at the top, with a message informing the viewer how many days until the crocodile's eventual death at the bottom.
It concluded on March 20, 2020 with the croc finally dying, as promised.
This Croc Will Die in 100 Days contains examples of the following tropes:
- Ate It All: Croc attempts to create a food stockpile in Day 17. He ends up eating it all anyways.
- Bait-and-Switch: Day 45 is set up as if Croc actually walks off the top of a building. It's revealed he's actually just trying out a stereoscope.
- Blowing a Raspberry: Croc blows a raspberry at a child behind their parent's back which causes the child to laugh in Day 98. He does this again to humor the child when he sees it on their parent's back again.
- Bittersweet Ending: The croc at the end of the comic saves a bird from being hit by a vehicle again and gets to see the cherry blossoms, but the croc gets hit by a vehicle in the process.
- Cherry Blossoms: On Day 100, Croc goes to see the blooming cherry blossoms apon hearing about them previously in Day 94.
- Death by Irony: Croc saves a bird from being hit by a vehicle in Day 3, and tells them to be more careful: In Day 100, Croc in the same scenario gets hit by a vehicle and dies.
- Festival Episode: The last few strips take place during the time of the Flower Viewing. The croc dies on the way to a flower-viweing get together with his friends.
- Frame Break: Croc and Mouse drive out of the fourth panel in a motorcycle in Day 42.
- Foregone Conclusion: The whole premise.
- Godlike Gamer: What Croc wants to be in life. Specifically, a professional gamer.
- Good Luck Charm: Croc recieves a great blessing charm in Day 21. His friend (Mouse) receives a curse instead.
- Killed Offscreen: On Day 100 Croc is shown to have died on a road, with the implication that he was hit by a vehicle.
- Love Hurts: After overhearing Girl Croc complaining about being asked out at work, Croc quits his job and becomes very quiet for a few days. He eventually gets over it.
- Painting the Medium: The author had updated days one through ninety-nine at a precise time each day. For day one-hundred it was uploaded twenty minutes late, and the first comic is Croc's friends saying he's late and wondering where he is.
- Shipper on Deck: Croc's coworker, Poodle, for Croc and Girl Croc.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: Croc's death happens both off-screen and in the span of one panel.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Post-mortem (no pun intended), Kikuchi admitted that he based the story off of the sudden death of one of his best friends and what it was like to process that he was there one day and gone the next.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Mouse is not happy about Croc making a joke about dying one day.