The Veligent is a webcomic by Melody Peña. It is about a fantasy about a young man named Kade who is sent on a demanding new job that appears to be at odds with his ditsy personality. Did we also mention that it is a world full of strange, somewhat alien creatures, plants, and systems of doing things? Or that the art is really beautiful?
Updated on Mondays, usually, but is now complete.
This Webcomic provides examples of:
- Fantastic Racism: The king refuses to acknowledge that the demons might not be as bad as he thinks they are and almost starts a war. Although in his defense, he had been a bit more reasonabke before and felt that he no longer had a choice.
- First-Episode Spoiler: Kade getting chosen as the Veligent.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Kade is the more laid back sibling, while his brother is the more serious and responsible one.
- Genius Ditz: Kade seems to be a lot smarter than he appears, especially when it comes to his job.
- Intoxication Ensues: When Kade gives the king a little too much medicine, he gets a bit loopy, which is a complete turn about from his usual demeanor.
- Our Demons Are Different: In this world they are horned wolves.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The poads and winged meerkats.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Kade's teacher marked the right path with "This way, bitches!"
- Winged Humanoid: All the humans in the story. The author says that the wings stow away in another dimension when they are not in use.