Manty, a Trigloian Praying Mantis who lives in Minnesota around 2030 A.D, is very homeless. See, his owners abandoned him when they found out the evil Brainbots being developed up in Alaska have multiplied to dangerous proportions, and will take over the entire U.S in a matter of time. In his travels, Manty meets Jay, a old teenage guy who happens to be driving the the coolest golf cart in the universe. Jay, at first asking Manty for road directions, becomes friends with the insect, and they decide to travel to the Triglo Islands off Australia, where they'll at least get some peace. Or so they thought....
Turns out, the island they move to is "Biology's Dumping Grounds", much to the two's dismay: Hideous monsters and cuddly creatures inhabit the otherwise-peaceful island, the main means of transportation is by roller coaster, and the resident Big Bad resides on the island a few miles away. Thankfully, they have the powers of the Ultimateum Agates, a living house, and a loveable shadow blob to protect them.
That's just one of the stories told by the Unhistoriverse, a Verse created by Troper Commander Jay. The Unhistoriverse was caused by the K-T asteroid missing and an Eldritch Abomination hitting instead. This created legions of bizarre and fascinating creatures which walk the world with humans. Other works in this universe include Ultrasonic Megasonic, a pair of enemy robots who both want to kill each other (and both fail), Blockedd And Friends, the tales of a very unintentionally frightenting shapeshifting alien and his lint ball octopus friend who live on a planet behind Pluto, and Sanctuary C, the story of a steampunk robot and his crayfish looking for the titular sanctuary in a ruined Russia. You can find art relating to this verse here.
This work contains examples of the following tropes:
- And That's Terrible: Deevil took forty Etnas. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
- Animated Actor: Manty works as one.
- Big Bad: Deevil, when he gets serious.
- Big Eater: Manty is pretty much a woodshredder. Deevil and Cellar Creep are too.
- Cool Airship: The Flying Oblivion.
- Crush. Kill. Destroy!: Metal Manty.
- Deadpan Snarker: Jay.
- Deranged Art: Yup.
- Five-Man Band:
- Funny Animal: The main inhabitants of Earth besides humans.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Most of Ultrasonic or Megasonic's plans do this.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Yoko the Crow. Saying just about anything ticks her off to no end.
- Hammerspace Hideaway: An interesting variation: Manty has a portal he keeps stuff in and can use it like a time machine. It looks like the hole from the end of Looney Tunes cartoons.
- Harmless Villain: Deevil, sometimes.
- Mineral Macguffin: The Ultimateum Agates.
- Morality Dial: S.L.U.G has a one on his back that, when pressed, turns him from a useless assistant to a batshit insane killing machine.
- Show Within a Show: Sherlok Holms, by Blockedd.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: Goes back and forth like you wouldn't believe.
- Toon Physics: Played with. The Ultimateum Agates are the source of cartoon characters being able to do this.