- Darko: And how do you know that there won't be any tanks or armed guards?
That there won't be cameras in every corner and undercover agents around every bend? Tripwires around the perimeter and explosives in every odd cake!?
Petric: Ummm.... Because et's a fancy drezz ball?
The Stupiders is a Funny Animal comic/webcomic that takes place in a world dominated by cute, (mostly) fury animals with severe mental deficiencies: the most common being a lack of commonsense. The plot consists mostly of the characters being beaten to death with an never-ending hail storm of idiot balls while taking a walk through an entire forest of idiot trees on their way to pick up some delicious Schmuck Bait from the store.
Whether or not it should be labeled a comic or webcomic is debated as both versions were released at the same time, probably in an attempt to drive us insane while trying to categorize it. A new, free, issue is released in print every month, while the webcomic version is updated once a week.
Oh and did we mention that the story takes place in Suckerville, Maine?
This comic provides examples of:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: When Bunny and Brainiac go to the fancy dress ball, everyone is wearing at least a small accessory, with the exception of the hostess (who is a peacock) and one of the penguins (who becomes defensive when this is brought up).
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Being a black and white comic, it's hard to tell how many of the characters have unusual colors, but Brainiac and the cop bunny are blue, while Cheche is purple.
- Ambiguous Disorder: At the beginning we are told that pretty much everyone has at least one problem/"quirk", but what exactly those problems are is left up to the reader to discern.
- Anthropomorphic Zig-Zag: Dogs can walk, run and dance on all fours or just their hind legs.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: In #3 with Darko's glowing red eyes and in #5-#6.
- Cartoony Eyes: Mostly averted, except for bunnies, Cheche and Brainiac.
- Cartoony Tail: Brainiac's tail tapers to a point and then has a long, insanely thin whippy wisp at the end that's just as long as the tail itself!
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Nearly everyone.
- Cosy Catastrophe: The world as we know it has come to an end, thanks to rampant vaccination against... well, everything. Strangely enough, the massive reduction in I.Q. of the world's population doesn't seem to have changed everyday life very much.
- Cute Little Fangs: The spitting cobra brothers, Petric and Rene, though they some times retract their teeth. Played straight with Cheche.
- Descriptiveville/Premiseville: The Stupiders live in Suckerville, Maine. 'Nuff said.
- Dumb Is Good: Brainiac.
- Ears as Hair: Bunny has her ears up in a bow. Candy has hers up in a head band.
- Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better: Bunnies and bulls stand up on their hind legs while cats and dogs are normaly on all fours.
- Furry Ear Dissonance: Brainiac has HUGE, floppy ears that come to a point at the end, with protruding wavy thin parts (hair?) that are as long as the actual ear itself.
- Gang of Critters
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Darko, the mercenary's eyes glow red.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Those gallons and gallons of vaccine weren't supposed to lobotomize the populations of the earth.
- Hilarity Ensues: It says so right on the website's homepage.
- Idiot Hero: Brianiac.
- Ironic Name: Brainiac - the world's least intelligent creature.
- L33t L1ng0: Besides the speech impediment, Brainiac's speech tends to be full of things like "I S no hoo U S" and "Any1 S here?", though they are sometimes toned down for the sake of readability.
- Nonhumans Lack Attributes: Despite the fact that the bulls are standing up and facing the reader with a clear shot of their groin, they are hung like a - well, certainly not an ox. All that's left is a small line, denoting a very Ken/Barbie bathing suit area.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The main character, Brainiac, is a large, blue, male dog. Bobby the bunny cop is also blue.
- Psycho Serum: The Doctor's vaccines caused a variety, of "quirks" including insanity and stupidity.
- Rebus Bubble: Cheche the furry boa, who is incapable of saying anything other then "Hi.", thinks with these.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: All you can see of Darko, the mysterious "cold blooded killer" (according to Petric) mercenary in #3, are his red eyes glowing in the dark.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Cheche. He's a furry boa constrictor, consisting almost entirely of fluffy fur and two huge googly eyes.
- Science Is Bad: Maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't have released vaccinations for boredom. Or water.
- Slept Through the Apocalypse: Rene and Petric seem to have an average level of intelligence, due to the fact that they've been frozen in Russia for 311 years and weren't exposed to the Psycho Serum that lobotomized the Earth.
- Speech Impediment: A few characters have this problem, which seems to be the result of too few brain cells, the most notable being Brainiac.
- Stupid Scientist: The Doctor, who not only didn't notice the extreme side effects of his work on the entire population of Earth, but suggested he should fix it by creating more of what caused the problem to begin with!
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Bunny. She has distinct eyelashes, an overly fluffy bust and always has her ears up in a bow, though sometimes the bow changes.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Doctor, not only insists that people be vaccinated against anything even remotely uncomfortable (boredom, for example) but started cooking up the vaccinations himself. So far, he's distributed more than 100 pages of vaccines and even suggested a making a vaccine to cure over-vaccination.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Rene and Petric. They're both French, but apparently being frozen in Russia for 311 years is hell on your accent.