The Splat Crew is a series of comics taking place in the universe of Splatoon made by DarkMario2 on DeviantArt about a band called The Splat Crew, whose lives take a turn for the worse when The Remnants, an army made by the remaining forces of DJ Octavio decide to free Octavio and attack Inkopolis... they, with the help of Agent 3, The Squid Sisters and a few other friends, and The Power of Rock, manage to fight against any evil forces that attack Inkopolis.
The comics so far:
Ask The Splat Crew: The comic that started it all, an interactive ask series where you can ask The Splat Crew and others questions about life, love, and many more. Is non-canon.The first page can be found here
Wrath Of Lucky: A now (mostly) Retconned comic, a collab with (now deactivated) deviantart user KKirby999. An evil overlord named Lucky is tired of the game Splatoon being so popular, so he decides to send in his two newfound minions, Merasmus and the Bombinomicon, into the game so he can destroy the game from within. He builds two android versions of the Squid Sisters called the Squiddroids and makes them sing a song that will drive everyone insane via a concert. Will the Splat Crew be able to stop them before it's too late?The first page can be found here.
Rise Of Darkness: A beach party is raided by some octolings and everyone in it is murdered... but one of them survives. Not remembering her life before the attack, and now taking on the name "Darkness", she decides to take revenge on the Octolings for what they've done.The first page can be found here.
Sky Light: One octoling, named Sky, attacked by Darkness on her quest is left for dead by her teammates, but one kind inkling named Carmel decides to help her out, and that helps Sky realise that not all inklings are bad.The first page can be found here.
Dark Skies: Takes off where Rise of Darkness and Sky Light left from, in which Darkness and Sky meet again and The Remnants begin their attack on Inkopolis.The first page can be found here.
Chaos in Inkopolis: Takes off where Wrath Of Lucky left from, the androids begin their concert and the whole city is brainwashed. It's up to the Splat Crew and Darkness' crew to stop them!The first page can be found here.
Chaos Aftermath: A comic after the events of Chaos In Inkopolis, in which Lavanna confronts her grandfather and the Remnants plan their attack even further.The first page can be found here.
Radio Silence: In this comic, Agent 3 is in a mission under the sewers investigating any trouble, when he meets a familiar face.The first page can be found here.
The Splat Crew in general contains examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: Darkness' right tentacle was cut off by a group of Octolings that nearly killed her.
- Canon Foreigner: Lucky, Labrys, Viking, Navy, Nate, Markus, and many cameos belong to other creators.
- Curtains Match the Window: Darkness has purple hair and eyes.
- Darker and Edgier: The comics feature swearing and not-so-cartoonish violence despite being based off of an E10+-rated game.
- Defector from Decadence: Octo left her Octarian squad after an argument caused by her suggesting coexistence with the Inklings.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: Citcho."I'm the only one who's allowed to pick on [Kat]."
- Identity Amnesia: Darkness, who lost all of her memory after being nearly killed.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Marinea's name is pronounced "Marina".
- Sole Survivor: Darkness (of an attack by the Octolings).
- Team Mom: Green is considered to be this by her bandmates.
- The X of Y: The comics "Wrath of Lucky" and "Rise of Darkness" use this naming convention.
The "Rise of Darkness" comic contains the following tropes:
- Curse Cut Short: At the end of page 14, Dakrness, upon hurting one of her tentacles in the bathtub, exclaims "Son of a-" right before the "to be continued" text.
- I Don't Think That's Such a Good Idea: This is Coral's reaction to Darkness seeing a sword she wants to buy from a weapons shop in page 18.Darkness: Coral, you said you'd get me anything I want. I want this.Coral: I really don't think that's a good idea!