The Rifters is a fantasy webcomic hosted at Indoor Empire, by Jessica Richards and Simeon Osborn (as per the site FAQ).
It follows a group of five friends in a world where strange rifts have been opening up. These rifts change the land around them to reflect whatever is on the other side. The five friends, self-appointed heroes, decide to close all the rifts, which involves jumping into the rift and closing it from the inside by finding another rift. The rift worlds are all distinct, unique places, so there's a lot of varied settings.
The most recent entry can be found at http://www.indoorempire.com/the-rifters-main. It updates two times a week, on Wednesday and Friday.
The Rifters contains examples of:
- Art Evolution: Added quite a bit of polish over the first few. Compare number one, http://www.indoorempire.com/the-rifters-part-1 to number ten, http://www.indoorempire.com/10-tastes-like-purple
- A Tankard of Moose Urine: The stuff that Rod spits out here, is, as the bartender so cheerfully explains, sand beer.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Tobi ends the very first comic by addressing the reader.
- Bulletproof Human Shield: Rod uses Egmont as a shield when they are on the battleship, here http://www.indoorempire.com/18-flushed-away
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Tobi trying to lick a rift because he was thinking of grapes probably qualifies him.
- Cute Machines: Carnby's Gearbits count.
- Dumb Blonde: Tobi's whole schtick.
- Facial Markings: Not sure if it's a tattoo or face paint, but Marsh definitely has something on his face.
- Portal Network: The rifts go to a lot of different places, though it's not clear if they are distant places or alternate dimensions. The world of the Rifters is definitely a hub of some kind!
- Power Glows: Tobi clenching, which he shows off here: http://www.indoorempire.com/6-thomas-covenant-would-be-proud
- Schizo Tech: One of the main characters uses guns and wears fatigues, another uses armor and wields swords. A man in a medieval style tower has a cleanroom and builds clockwork robots. Very schizo!
- Super Window Jump: The rest of the team entered Carnby's tower via the stairs. Jo went through the window!
- The Cuckoo Lander Was Right: Tobi can accomplish seemingly impossible things when people just listen to him. Who would have believed that a rift was in a rock? (shown here: http://www.indoorempire.com/21-idiot-savant )
- Wingding Eyes: Carnby sports heart-shaped ones when he first meets Jo.