The Princess Planet is a hilariously outrageous world where just about every girl is a princess and mix-and-match monsters frolic amongst spaceships and robots.
The heroine, Princess Christi, is bored with life in the royal family, so she abandons her life of comfort for adventures outwitting opponents with Bugs Bunny-like logic.
This tall blonde wants to be an adventure heroine.
You can read it here. The comic concluded in July 2013 after eight and half years.
The Princess Planet provides examples of the following tropes:
- Dem Bones: Christi often encounters living skeletons and even lost a game of Strip Poker to them.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Subverted. A minor character in his first appearance is sent to the dungeon, apparently to die — being hung next to a skeleton—for telling a bad joke, but the next strip reveals that the skeleton hanging next to him is actually a living skeleton sent there (briefly) for the same reason.
- Forgotten Phlebotinum: invoked, Christi's magic wand which is implied to be able to do anything is only ever used twice. Christi never uses it specifically because it would spoil the fun.
- Gratuitous Princess: The webcomic takes place in a Space Opera setting full of robots and Mix-and-Match Creatures, but almost every character is a princess.
- Running Gag: Christi often plays "treasure inspector"; the princesses saying "I have a..."; the king routinely finds fault with artists' suggestions for the royal coat of arms.
- Snowlems: Christi's companion is a talking snowman who never seems to melt.
- Unexplained Recovery: Various minor characters, including the Viking turned to stone and then a flaming monkey-helicopter-baby-chicken-magnet and the Bad Boyfriend eaten by a monster, but noticeably not the child-eating witch whom Christi turned into a hat. The witch's every subsequent appearance is as a hat.