The Munchkin Man is a webcomic about "the random, over-the-top, and totally genre-busting adventures of a group of wizards and a 'superhero' mercenary". It is written by "J. Waugh" (known here as SuperJedi224), who, in the author's notes, refers to himself as "The Most Violet Supreme Grand Archmage", which is presumably an important title within the universe of the story.
It contains the following tropes:
- The Archmage:
- The comic's universe has an entire order of Archmagi.
- There is also the rank of Grand Archmage, which is reserved for Violet-level Archmagi.
- BFG: Rocketman already has a pretty big ray gun, but "Ted" has one that's just plain huge.
- Built with LEGO: LEGO Digital Designer, actually.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience / Color-Coded Wizardry: Archmagi are color-coded based on their rank within the order, lesser wizards are typically color-coded based on which element they control.
- Comically Missing the Point: This seems to happen to Emmett fairly often.
- Costumed Non Super Hero: James Andrews, alias Rocketman.
- Fictional Currency: The two major denominations that have been mentioned so far are the Ogdon (estimated to have about the same buying power as $20-$30 USD) and the Noble, which is worth 10 Ogdons. Antonius once loses a Half Ogdon bet to Leon; and Emmett and Joshua have, for the time being, agreed to pay "Rocketman" a Half Noble a day for helping them on there 'adventure.'
- Gratuitous Latin: The "Magi Incendia" (roughly, "Fire Magicians") are one of the area's largest pyromancer's guilds.
- It Amused Me: Apparently the only reason Rocketman agrees to help the wizards for so "little" money (a Half Noble a day is actually kind of a lot to most people in the comic's universe, he's just used to being paid even more than that).
- An Ice Person: Antonius' power.
- Playing with Fire: Joshua's power.
- Shock and Awe: Leon's power.