"The Green-Eyed Sniper - A Sho(r)t Story" (or The Green-Eyed Sniper, as mostly advertised) is a sci-fi webcomic created by Infected Blood Comics in 2015. The story takes place on Earth from a parallel universe in the not-too-distant future. The characters live in the Outerlands, a huge territory ravaged by war.
Three women from Kemet-Ra, the most powerful country in the world, and at war with the Outerlands, find themselves in enemy territory for different reasons. Shanti is a nurse and, secretly, an assassin. Horrified by her country's politics, she moves to the Outerlands, where she builds a small hospital in a village called Threestonesville to assist the local population. Blitz, her partner, works with Shanti at the hospital. Sekhmet, an AWOL officer and a war criminal, befriends both women. A love triangle, coupled with inevitable drama but also humor, ensues.
The comic updates on Mondays.
This show provides examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Both Shanti and Sekhmet are powerful combatants. Shanti is a very good martial artist, although she excels as a sniper. Sekhmet is nearly unstoppable in melee and regular hand-to-hand combat.
- Ancient Egypt: Ancient Egypt The most influential culture on this parallel Earth.
- Androids Are People, Too: Assistant, Sekhmet's body guard, is a sentient robot who apparently has feelings, which Sekhmet constantly abuses.
- Badass Lesbian: Shanti and Sekhmet are lesbian powerful combatants.
- Cast Full of Gay: Main cast is all lesbian.
- Covert Group: Shanti belongs to a secret assassin organization called Horizon.
- Dangerous Deserter: Sekhmet is a wanted war criminal and a deserter. Here she claims to Blitz that being fed up with a never-ending war was the main reason she went AWOL, although she also confesses to Shanti that she lied about a lot of the circumstances she recounted later.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Sekhmet hides her past as a war criminal from everyone, although she confesses it to Blitz and , later on, Shanti finds out about it on her own.
- Driven to Suicide: Sekhmet is suicidal.
- Friendly Sniper: Shanti is a kind, positive and likes to smile.
- Hitman with a Heart: Shanti only targets bad guys and would never hurt an innocent.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: the entire comic is focused on secrets that the characters keep from each other. Shanti hides her secret life as an assassin from her partner Blitz and her friend Sekhmet. Sekhmet hides from everyone that she's a wanted war criminal. And Blitz hides from Shanti that she has protected Sekhmet's secret for the past two years. None is them is happy with these secrets and there will be consequences...
- Military and Warfare Comics: Sekhmet is a wanted war criminal who goes AWOL and hides in enemy territory.
- Professional Killer: Shanti is an assassin, although she is not in it for the money. All profits go to her hospital.
- Robosexual: Assistant suggests she has feelings for Sekhmet. Although Sekhmet has a disgusted reaction, the author claims that there is indeed something going on between these two. It's all shown here.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Sekhmet is an AWOL soldier and a war criminal with obvious PTSD. Although it's unclear what exactly she's seen and done during war (except for building a weapon of mass destruction which she repeatedly sabotages), she has a pained and rather strong restraining reaction in the presence of wounded people.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Sekhmet's weapon of choice is a shotgun. Powerful and angry, it adapts perfectly to her personality.
- Simple, yet Awesome: Sekhmet's shotgun is effective. Given the chance, she likes to aim at her opponent's legs and finish them with a shot to the head.
- Sniper Rifle: the main character, Shanti, uses a very precise sniper rifle.
- Statuesque Stunner: Sekhmet, Shanti and Blitz are tall and muscular women belonging to an engineered species called A.I.M.S. Sekhmet is 6′ 6″ (1.98 m) and is among the strongest representatives of her species. Shanti is 6′ 1″ (1.86 m). Although less strong than Sekhmet, she could easily crush a human head with her bare hands. Blitz is shorter, at 5′ 9″ (1.80 m). Even if she is a less powerful A.I.M.S., she is still far stronger than the strongest human.
- War Is Hell: The story is partly focused on war and its consequences. None of the characters enjoy war: Shanti is known to hate war (and soldiers); Blitz hates violence in all forms; and Sekhmet, although a wanted war criminal, claims to be fed up with war.
- Weapon of Choice: both main characters have a weapon of choice. Shanti shoots a highly-precise sniper rifle, whereas Sekhmet prefers a powerful shotgun.
- World of Action Girls: Because Shanti and Sekhmet constitute a world of action girls!