The Fuzzy Princess is a webcomic created by Charles Brubaker (who also does Ask a Cat). The comic focuses on Kat, a cat princess from another world that accidentally gets stranded on Earth. She seeks refuge with Jackson, a human boy who found her. They are later joined by Kat's royal servants: Chiro, a bat who often acts as the Only Sane Man, and Kuma, a bear who likes to spout terrible haikus.
The comic runs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's also published into comic books.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Princess Kat and Queen Felicia are both different shades of purple, and Kat's dad is shown to be blue.
- Beary Friendly: Kuma, a subservient of Kat who loves nothing more than to write (bad) poetry. He also likes to eat everything in the fridge.
- Cats Are Superior: The main character is literally a cat princess, so it has shades of this.
- Crossover: Kat has made appearances in the creator's other comic, Ask a Cat. Chiro and Kuma also appeared in one strip.
- Cheated Angle: Queen Felicia's hair always covers the eye farthest from the reader, regardless of what angle she's facing.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chiro gets a story to herself in "Chiro and the Condor".
- A Dog Named "Dog": The bear's name is Kuma, which is Japanese for "bear".
- Similarly, Chiro's name comes from "chiropteran", a group of mammals that bats belong to.
- Subverted with Kat, which is actually short for "Katrina".
- Either/Or Title: One of the chapters is titled The Unholy Alliance, or The Tail End of Krisa.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Princess Kat, of course.
- Furry Female Mane: Chiro and Queen Felicia both have long, human-like hair. Averted with Princess Kat, however, who doesn't have any.
- Funny Animal: Princess Kat, Chiro, and Kuma.
- Furry Confusion: Happens a few times where the main duo from St. Paws encounter real-life animals. Kuma encounters a wild bear in the Christmas story, and Kat ran into a real cat in another.
- Inexplicably Tailless: Kuma the bear is drawn without a tail.
- Averted with Kat herself, technically. She has a prosthetic tail (having lost her real one in an accident), which she frequently detaches and morphs into things.
- Informed Species: Chiro is a bat, but looks more like a flying cat.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Characters from Wallace The Brave, Retail, Pink Panther, Harley, and Andy Capp appeared in one comic.
- Never Bareheaded: Jackson is never seen without his hat, even when he's asleep.
- Rebellious Princess: Downplayed, but Kat has shades of this.
- Shout-Out: Marigold from Phoebe and Her Unicorn appear in a poster on this page.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Most of the female cast, including Kat, Chiro, and Jordan, had this happen at least once.
- Tomboyish Name: Jackson's sister is named Jordan.
- Turbine Blender: Narrowly avoided by Chiro in one page.
- Your Head A-Splode: The only function Kat's favorite doll, Stressful Suzie, has.