Kai and Vena, a somewhat odd pair of friends, have lived their entire lives feeling terribly out of place. After being apparently ripped from reality, they find themselves in an alternate world built on dreams...only to discover that this is in fact where they truly belong.
Tropes found in this work:
- Dream Land: Takes place in a dream world of sorts where "dreams" grow on trees and nightmare creatures roam the night.
- Trappedin Another World: Kai and Vena are both yanked into another world as their own reality falls to pieces.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bright hair colors are the norm and appear on numerous characters.
- Our Demons Are Different: Formless nightmare beings lurk about and feed on those foolish enough to go out alone at night.
- Our Elves Are Different: Elves in this world are essentially just like normal people with the exception of appearance. Some do possess various abilities.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: In addition to looking somewhat flamboyant, Rezzy is also highly emotional and has numerous interests that would be considered feminine.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Despite her tough exterior, Terran is secretly very girly in a number of ways.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Unalei fits this description, largely due to her unusual abilities.
- Telepathy: Unalei possesses this ability
- The Empath: Another of Unalei's abilities
- Luminescent Blush: Kai in particular tends to blush fairly easily, and in his case, his hair glows as well.
- Verbal Tic: The only thing Nemo is capable of saying is "mii," which seems to have rubbed off on Kai a bit as he will often say it when nervous or for lack of other words.
- Rapunzel Hair: A number of the female characters possess very long hair.