The Chanterelle and May Life is a weekly Funny Animal adventure webcomic by Ianissimo McKenzie and Smilocide Studios about a pink bunny named May and her best friend, Chanterelle the cow. They live in the Kingdom of Toxic Tampa Bay where they are obliviously pursued by their would-be assassins from the planet Evlion, the Eggettes. The girls are often at the center of bloody political intrigues in the kingdom, but they ineffably come out on top after a protracted, excoriating bloodbath.
This comic provides examples of:
- Fate Worse than Death: Afflicts nearly everyone but Chanterelle, May, and Amy in nearly every chapter. Clownfish and the Eggettes in particular usually have some horrible fate befall them if no one sufficiently evil is present to torture them.
- Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better: most animal characters, like May, stand upright, while May's sister, Amy the pony, remains qudripedal.
- You Do Not Want To Know: though never made explicit, Clarence's affection for May is excessive, creepy, and causes May to hold Clarense in particular contempt
- The Woobie: Clownfish is definitely a woobie. Between marrow-curdling excursions beyond the veil of physical suffering, she occasionally finds time to attempt suicide.
- Too Dumb to Live: When the Eggettes don't self-destruct, they walk into scenarios that clearly can only end in paroxysms of pain.