It began in March of 2010, and originally had an update schedule of Mondays and Thursdays. However, it stopped being updated in 2013, and is now no longer available at its original URL. You can still read at least some of it through the Internet Archive here.
The Becoming provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Jeannine Delacroix, a red head with Glowing Eyes is the main protagonist of the series, is certainly a Lady of War.
- Art Evolution: Art style is influenced by Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy & Vampire Hunter D), Kojima Ayami (Castlevania), and Paul Duffield (FreakAngels).
- Badass Mustache: Captain Belmont, Captain in the Bellac Defense League. His father was the former Chancellor.
- Born Detective: Investigator Dumas, Former member of the BDL. Was put in charge of The Committee for Public Vigilance by the previous Chancellor. Currently the lead on the St. George manhunt.
- Conveniently an Orphan: The driving force of the story, Oscar Lebeau, is orphaned as the first chapter begins.
- Heroic Wannabe: St. George, A highwayman roaming the streets of Bellac.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Amelia Blackwood, The Cutie engineer who sometimes takes government contracts.
- The Pawn: William Pardy, Suffers from visions but was saved from execution or exile by the Chancellor on the condition of a chaperone in public at all times.
- Shot at Dawn: Story begins with the death of a mysterious man, his Back Story will soon come to light.
- Steampunk: From the style of dress to the methods of transportation and beyond - it's mark is all over the series.