Stupid Snake is a webcomic drawn by Israeli artist Aviv Itzcovitz. It is completely wordless, telling its story through characterization, body language, and art shifts. It combines themes of fantasy, adventure, slapstick, horror, and nature, often at all at once.
The main comic has concluded, but as of this writing Itzcovitz has continued to draw mini-comics taking place in the same universe.
View it here.
This page is a work in progress. Feel free to contribute.NO SPOILERS ARE MARKED (YET).
This comic provides examples of:
- Action Girl: The Fisherman's daughter becomes one. The female troll as well.
- Arc Words: Amazing in a wordless comic, the title itself proves to be Arc Words. The Stupid Snake doesn't show up for 100 pages, and even then it only shows up sporadically to influence the plot in ways that don't become clear until nearly the end of the story.
- Almighty Idiot: The Stupid Snake has the powers of a God and the intelligence of a common animal.
- Babies Ever After: The Man and The Troll both have babies. And, arguably, so does The Stupid Snake at the very end.
- Badass Beard: The Man In The Troll Costume grows one.
- Butt-Monkey: The Man In The Troll Costume is totally this. At first anyway.
- Coitus Uninterruptus: The Man sneaks up on some rabbits in the process of mating. They don't stop once they see him.
- Also The Dwarf and his long-estranged wife begin romancing a few feet from The Man one night, seemingly unconcerned about his state of awakeness.
- Eldritch Abomination: Those who come into contact with The Stupid Snake can become this, most notably the giant fish.
- Nigh Invulnerable: The Stupid Snake is claimed to be this.
- No Name Given: Everybody, of course. Well except the Stupid Snake, though that presumably not what it's called in-universe.
- The Un-Reveal: We never find out exactly what's wrong with The Daughter's neck or her nose. Word of God says she's just a little broken due to not being quite human.
- There is no payoff to The Troll killing the Other Man in the Troll Costume, who is The Man's brother. Probably for the best.
- Took a Level in Badass: The Man In The Troll Costume, after being rejected by his father.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: The Troll is deathly afraid of ducks, as it turns out.