Solitaire follows the exploits of Zakona Kat, an aspiring artist who wants to be popular. However, her introverted nature prevents her from fully achieving this. She matures as she graduates high school and decides what she plans to do with her life, but when she is visited by a mysterious stranger one day, her life is thrown down an unexpected path. As a strange and frightening series of events occur, Zakona goes out of her way to investigate them- and gets into much more than she bargained for.
In 2018, Srs released an official soundtrack, which is complete with variant album covers and character theme songs. To listen to it, go here.
Solitaire provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Considering the characters are furries, this is practically a given. Many of them have colorful fur and markings- Violet, Zakona's father, and Leander are probably the biggest examples.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Leander counts as one, though he's a year older than Zakona.
- Beautiful Void: The setting of Zakona's dream can be seen as this. It's a black, nearly featureless area that seems to go on forever.
- Big Brother Bully: Leander fits the bill.
- Exhausted Eyebags: Liddeh has them.
- Genki Girl: One of the stories Srs wrote depicts Violet as this, implying that's her general personality.
- Friendless Background: According to Leander, his sister is a creepy loner who has almost no friends and isn't well-liked at school.
- Leander: No-one likes Zakona. It's why she's a social reject.
- Catapult Nightmare: The story starts with Zakona waking from what appears to be a bad dream. She is visited by a mysterious cat (Liddeh) who she has never met- yet Liddeh claims to know about a lot about Zakona's ambitions and innate need to be accepted. The dream ends when Zakona and Liddeh seem to notice the viewer watching them, complete with a scare chord.
- Morning Routine: The Kat family have breakfast together early in the morning. Why they're all awake at an odd time like five AM has yet to be explained.
- That Mysterious Thing: Zakona's dream.
- The Ophelia: Liddeh counts, being a buxom insane women with a shock of messy hair.
- The Un-Favourite: Zakona's parents have strange reactions to Zakona and Leander's "bad behavior".
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Liddeh's eyes are green, but they glow with a red color in "Window".
- Shout-Out: The comic is named after the song by the Carpenters.
- The prologue directly references the hidden "Friday the 13th" cutscene from Luna Game 5, right down to the colored text and sprite artwork.
- The description of "Looking in" references Silent Hills: PT.''Look behind you. I said, look behind you."
- One of the songs on the soundtrack is called Captain Beat Heart.