Snail Diaries is a Journal Comic by Grace Gogarty, AKA Little-Tunny. It focuses mainly on her true Slice of Life stories she finds comedic, exaggerated by her personification of everyone as a Funny Animal based on personality.
The main character of the comic is Grace herself, personified as a snail.
It can be read on Grace's instagram (posted alongside other works).
Snail Diaries contains the following tropes:
- Amazing Technicolor Population and Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: There's realistically-colored animal characters alongside bright blue hyenas, pink rhinoceroses, green aardvarks, etc.
- Ambiguous Gender: Grace is seen as androgynous by many in real life, and quite a few strips center on this.
- Animal Religion: Jesus is depicted as a lion on a pamphlet.
- Appropriate Animal Attire: Very inconsistent, and the author knows it. While clothes exist in strips where nudity is a factor, they also exist in strips where it isn't. Sometimes characters with clothes are fully clothed, and sometimes they're [[Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal]]s. And sometimes the animals are just naked. In many cases, some are wearing clothes while others aren't.
- Artistic LicenseBiology: Justified because they're all actual human events, but in-universe, where to begin?
- All of the animals are the same size, more or less.
- Grace's friend is an oyster with a pearl for a head.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Usually.
- Bird People: Most notably Grace's mother, who is a swan, complete with Feather Fingers.
- Carnivore Confusion: Inverted - Grace is a vegan in real life, but snails are omnivores.
- Crying Critters: Grace cries in some strips.
- Either/Or Offspring: Grace's hypothetical child is also a snail, though the father is an orca.
- Furry Confusion: Everyone is an animal, but Grace's real-life cat and dog appear unaltered.
- Furry Lens: As a journal comic, all the characters are real-life people, but they're drawn as animal personas.
- Mature Animal Story: with a lot of themes.
- Interspecies Romance: Most romances are.
- Nonhumans Lack Attributes: Justified since she's a snail in-universe, but it's still treated as upper nudity.
- Nonmammalian Hair: Not on her head, but on her legs.
- Random Species Offspring: Grace's mother is a swan while she is a snail.
- Shell Backpack: Grace's shell goes over her clothes when she wears them.
- Take That!!: Her strips featuring her ex-boyfriend, where she highlights the especially poor way he treated her.
- World of Funny Animals.