Small Market Sports was a webcomic by Bill Charbonneau. It stared five anthropomorphic pieces of sports equipment (Carter the Baseball, Doug the
American Canadian Football, Wayne the Hockey Puck, Dave the Transistor Radio and Nash the Basketball) from Small Market, Canada, who cracked wise about the (North American) sports news of the day.
The comic wrapped up its run on November 16, 2012.
This comic contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Decrying violence in hockey around Wayne.
- Canada, Eh?: Mostly averted.
- Cool Shades: Nash
- Deadpan Snarker: Dave
- Gentle Giant: Doug (He's twice the size of everyone except Nash)
- Jerk Jock: Nash
- The Napoleon: Wayne
- Theme Naming / Shout-Out: All of the cast members are named for famous Canadian sports figures.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: Small Market definitely somewhere in Canada, possibly somewhere near Montreal.