Simply Sarah is a lesbian-themed webcomic hosted by The Duck and dating back to June of 2007. The title character, Sarah is a shy, rather average fifteen girl. One day she is approached by a popular girl at her school named "Janey" and is asked to go shopping with her. This is the start of their relationship.
Simply Sarah contains examples of:
- The Bully: Geraldine ends up severely bullied at school after being outed as lesbian. Stacey is the worst of the bullies.
- Closet Key: Sarah to Janey. Sarah had already known she was attracted to girls prior to the story and Janey had a crush on one of her friends but wouldn't acknowledge it.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Sarah first kisses Janey at a sleepover while she's passed out drunk.
- Gayngst: Sarah starts out closeted and feeling somewhat guilty about her attraction to women.
- In-Series Nickname: Janey calls Sarah all types of pet-names. She also called her "Sare".
- Mistaken for Romance: Janey's mother thinks that her neighbor Gary is Janey's boyfriend. When Sarah hears this, she gets upset and runs off. It isn't until the next day that Janey tells her otherwise.
- At a sleepover, Janey, Sarah, and a friend watch My Summer of Love.
- In one comic, Sarah sulks while listening to "All The Things She Said" by t.A.T.u..
- In one non-canon Christmas strip, cameos from Friction and YU+ME: dream appear. Sarah reads Friction and Blue as well.
- Sarah owns a copy of The Well of Loneliness.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Janey and Sarah both resemble their mothers a lot, down to their hair styles.
- There Is Only One Bed: There is only one bed at the sleepover in part 1.