The comic begins several years in the future. Eggman has died of an apparent heart attack. However, as it turns out, Infinite actually murdered Eggman. Amy finds out and is nearly killed by Infinite, but Shadow helps rescue her. This intertwines their paths.
This comic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Modesty: Sonic and several other male characters began wearing more clothes as they aged. They usually still go bottomless but they wear shirts. However, they'll remove their clothes whenever they feel like it.
- Affectionate Nickname: Sonic is on friendly terms with Amy and sometimes calls her "Ames".
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Shadamy Comic is a comic that ships together Shadow and Amy.
- Furry Female Mane:
- Amy's quills are grown so long that they can be styled like hair.
- Rouge has grown her head fur so that it's long enough to act as hair.
- Last-Name Basis: Shadow refers to Amy as "Rose".
- Patchwork Fic: It's predominantly game-based but references Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics) elements like Mobians and Zone Cops.
- Plot-Triggering Death: The story starts when Eggman dies of mysterious causes.
- Splash of Color: The comic is Deliberately Monochrome, and adds colors of red whenever the Phantom Ruby is in effect.
- The Tragic Rose: Infinite alludes to this trope when he makes a pun on Amy's surname before attempting to kill her.Infinite: You grew up to be such a pretty little thing. But even the prettiest of roses have to wither and die eventually...