Secret Agent Men is an action-y spy-genre parody webcomic centered on the Agents of Niels & Gang.
The comic begins with Agent 250 fighting a transfer to a noncombat department within the Agency. Despite his assertions that he is still Made of Iron, his boss at Section S recognizes that 250's body is beginning to fail him and guilts the agent into giving the transfer a chance. Upon arriving at Section M, 250 is partnered with Agent 300, a smug manipulator. Despite his instant distrust of 300, 250 grudgingly accepts their first mission and... that's about as far as the comic's gotten.
Although one of the comic's stated goals is to fit with the canon of Niels & Gang, the apparent re-imagining of the Agents' first meeting makes it clear that the authors are taking a Broad Strokes approach.
Secret Agent Men exhibits examples of:
- Affectionate Parody
- Air-Vent Passageway300: Aren't you notorious for rooting around in the ducts and electrical, causing power outages and turning sprinklers on and off?
- Benevolent Boss/A Father to His Men: Chief seems to genuinely care for 250's well-being.
- Cloak & Dagger: To the point that Sections M and S are nicknamed the "cloak" and "dagger" Sections, respectively.
- Code Name
- Covered with Scars: 250.
- Deliberately Monochrome
- Dented Iron: 250, causing his transfer to Section M.
- Expy: Which is not at all surprising.
- Agent 300 of James Bond.
- Boss of M.
- Glowing Eyes: 250 has them, not that they do anything other than look cool.
- Iron Lady: Boss.
- Luminescent Blush: 250, despite being a battle-hardened, scarred Stealth Monster, does this a lot.
- Manly Gay: 250.
- Nobody Over Fifty Is Gay: 250 may be approaching fifty, but he's still this trope.
- No Such Agency: Since it is not tied to any government or organization, the Agency officially does not exist.
- Original Flavour: Strives for this with regards to Niels.
- Overt Operative: 300.
- Rated M for Manly: 250, especially if he has anything to say about it.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: 300.
- Smug Smiler: 300.
- Spy Catsuit: 250s "sneaking suit".
- Spy Fiction
- Stealth Expert: 250.
- Straight Gay: 250.
- Super-Deformed: Occasionally.
- Tuxedo and Martini: 300's style of agent-ing.